Friday, September 07, 2007

Tech adventure without Shadow

Hello-hello everybody:

Last Sunday something strange happened. In late afternoon Chris joined
mom upstairs, and me, too, of course. She sat down on a chair by mom's
bed, and I lay on my favourite spots. Unfortunately, the birds were not
there to bother. Chris keeps me away from them quite successfully. And I
think they arr in a cage, too, which means I could still bother them a
bit.
Anyway, they had supper upstairs, and then they talked a bit. And of
course, they were watching tennis. Since the previous night, our TV
downstairs had been quiet, quite unusually quiet.
On Monday then after breakfast and a nice but short Hapoo walk we got in
the car and drove to the store where Shadow and Chris used to go explore
all kinds of gadgets and computers and stuff. First we caught up with a
guy by phones and that stuff, and apparently he gave Chris a discount on
a fax machine. I thought we had one, but Chris says it was broken,
because she was trying to feed it with too small a portion, which the
fax wanted to keep illegally. So mom had taken it apart and then the
hungry monster had refused to work. So the new fax box was ours.
Then we asked the man to help us find another person, and that man took
us around the TV sets. Chris finally decided on one, which he lifted
into the shopping cart. When we walked up to the cash register, she was
quite happy with her purchase, and she said for once in her life she
either did not overspend or had just from the start expected a higher
cost. We then went food shopping a lot, and also finally to the meadow
by one store, where I can run. Unfortunately for me, I got in the hugest
trouble ever. I found a pile of old dog do and thought it was a good
snack, but mom told on me.
Now that is one of the worst thing in Chris' opinion I can do, get into
dog business. Chris very calmly put me back on leash and I had to heel
the way back to the car. Since I was sitting in the feet compartment of
the car for the way back, I tried to get pets from Chris, but she hid
her hands from me and made the disgusting noise. I think I will try my
very best to behave from now on, for a no-pets policy is the worst thing
that can happen to me. Even mom couldn't be convinced to pet me!
After she had installed the two new devices (the old TV was banned and
sent to the basement - thank goodness I'm not a TV), Chris realized that
the new TV had a not so good sound quality and was mono (whatever), but
she was still happy about her savings. I think I don't care.
But apparently Chris does, for since that night she has moved into the
livingroom for sleeping, and it is the time of nightly TV sessions with
loads and more loads of American tennis. Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home