Saturday, September 15, 2007

Looking at empty rooms

Hi all:
Three days ago the ladies put me in the car, and we first stopped at the
shopping center. There they had to go into the store where I was not
allowed in, but they returned after a short while. A man had decided
that I was barking too much, so he talked to me through the window. But
when I was let out, I did not want to go greet him, I preferred to stay
with Chris. Then we got back into the car, and we drove a while. We got
out and walked along quite a bit, always returning to one house.
Eventually a lady came and opened the house door. We climbed up a few
stairs, and the lady opened another door, behind which there were only
empty rooms. Chris put me into a stay by the entrance door, so she could
walk into each single room and look at it. I mean, what's there to look
at in an empty room? She walked the distance of each wall, located the
windows and inquired about sockets. Even though I was at the door, I
could hear it. She was not really happy with the rooms, she told the
lady, and after she told mom that her bed would not fit, mom agreed,
too. And Chris said she did not like the way the toilet was separated
from the bathroom, and that lead into the kitchen. She said the place
had too many doors. Allright, just doors for me to open I would think.
But we left, as Chris wished, and took the car to another place, where
the same thing happened.

The lady opened another house door, and we walked up two stairs. Chris
asked whether the apartment was supposed to be on the first or second
floor, and the lady noticed her mistake, for we had to climb two more
flights of stairs. There she opened yet another door, and more empty
rooms were there for Chris to see. She said that smokers used to live
here. She also says that she liked the size of the rooms much more. The
bathroom was one thing, and the kitchen was really large and had a
sliding door separating it from the livingroom, and the balcony had
glass windows.

The ladies stood in the livingroom and talked. Initially, the folks
didn't want me in the empty rooms, but Chris told them I was a guide dog
and well-trained and didn't run around off leash at all. So finally they
had no problem with me. After that set of empty rooms we left and went
home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home