Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The huge visit

Hi all:
It is almost a week ago when mom started running around the house like
mad, and Chris didn't participate much. Only one morning she started to
clean the apartment. Mom seemed to be waiting for something, but pretty
late they had lunch together. Soon after somebody knocked on the door,
and Chris recognized a nephew of hers. I don't remember him too much,
but she says we once went on that memorable trip together when I jumped
off the horse cart she and Shadow had decided to take.
The nephew said hi and had brought with him a little quiet girl. Soon
after he came by again, this time accompanied by a little boy I cannot
recall having ever seen. Chris says that's another nephew of hers.
After another little while Chris went upstairs to talk, but she left me
downstairs. She said there were too many children for me to handle. I
saw them all except one. There is the older nephew, two girls, the
younger nephew and a tiny little baby, which is always carried by
somebody. That one I did not meet, but I would have thought it strange
for a baby to be carried all the time. I mean I wasn't when I was a cute
little puppy. Mind you, now I am a cuddly loveable and charming
distinguished senior dog lady!
Chris didn't stay for too long, for she came back downstairs to make a
lot of coffee for upstairs in the huge coffee can, and then she stayed
there for a little longer. She says she had to ignore some remarks from
the sister which were not apropriate, but that generally she was
allright. She and her husband wanted to know all about Chris' work or
what she think is coming soon, but Chris didn't tell much. When she
finally came downstairs to take me for a walk, it was raining, and so
the older nephew came to ask her to look up something on the internet.
Chris says the nephew is a really nosy little boy. She had to remind him
to anounce when he was coming and to tell who was with him, and also not
to walk all around the place. After that he was quite allright she said.
Finally the rain had stopped, and we went for a not so long walk. We
both thought the weather was not at its best. When we returned we saw
one of the little girls, the elder of them. And just as the three of us,
followed by the younger girl (Chris calls them nieces btw) were ready to
go inside after a feet cleaning session, my most favourite cousin
arrived. She said hi to all of us, and I managed to give her a huge
Hapoo kiss across the face. The cousin wanted to go upstairs, and the
younger niece joined her, while the elder one decided to keep Chris and
me company. She's nice according to Chris, calm, alert and very clever.
She was very interested in how Chris manages to live despite her eyes
not working, and she offered to read what's written on the TV screen
when she is older and able to read. Chris and she watched tennis
together and talked, and they prepared a pizza for Chris. Finally Chris
had the pizza and the girl had some cucumber, and I was left with
nothing. Soon the little niece joined, and they shared the pizza. The
nephew didn't like it when he saw that it had pineapples on it, but he
stayed downstairs anyway, and so four folks were watching tennis.

Late at night they were sent upstairs, because Chris initially wanted to
go to sleep, but she ended up watching more tennis and playing the
computer, until the sister came to say goodbye. Soon after the cousin
came, followed by mom, and they had some wine together and talked. Chris
says she really respects the cousin for how she dealt with the sister
and all her negative aproaches and remarks and curious inqueries.
The day was long, but I was allright, since Chris kept me out of the
stress as good as she could.
I think we are up for our morning walk now, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home