Tuesday, September 18, 2007

More and more to come

So we went and it was all new...

After we had gone for a short Hapoo walk, Chris computered a little, and
then mom called Chris that the car was there. We went outside, and there
was really a car there, which Chris first got into, and then I sat in
the front at her feet. The driver was a person I hadn't seen before, but
Chris immediately started talking with him right until he stopped and
let us off. A lady was there greeting us, and when the driver left with
his car, she took us upstairs into an empty room, where there were
chairs. She left, and Chris discovered something under her chair, a box
or sho, the content of which she tried to explore.

Slowly people came in and introduced themselves to Chris. At one point
there were three ladies, and then Chris allowed me to come out from
behind her chair, and they all said hello to me, too. The last one to
arrive was a man who came to sit beside us, and he said he wanted to say
hi to me, too, which he did. When the ladies all came up to introduce
themselves to him, too, I thought it was my turn as well, but not this
time, unfortunately.

The humans talked, and I lay flat, watching from between the chairs. The
lady beside Chris trains dogs for the otherwise disabled, like therapy
dogs and so - she eventually paired up with us to show us around. We
then walked out of the room and strolled through one room into a smaller
walkway and into another room, and then into a cafeteria. I sure know
what that is, it'll be Chris' favourite place I know. But I am wondering
if she will take Shadow and mom along once?

We stayed at a particular place with chairs and desks then, and once
Chris and I had to move to the back by a wall. She told me that was our
office, and we spent the next few minutes walking back and forth between
cafeteria and office, and between passage way and office - me guiding,
Chris following.
We also discovered a really neat Hapoo place with two couches and a
fluffy fluffy carpet between them. I wonder if that was designed for
me... She explored the ladies' room with the coach (a man), she looked
at the machines in the cafeteria, she had food there, and then we went
for a Hapoo walk with the nice lady. The rest of the day was spent
talking again, and finally the driver came to pick us up again.

I have to mention that at one point Chris took a huge ball (as high as
me or higher) and rolled it along her side, while I had to guide her
back to the office. I was confused at first, but then I guided her well.
The good thing about the office, the cafeteria and all those things is
that I get a click and a treat when I find something correctly. Cool,
eh? And after we had walked the full distance once, I took Chris back
outside without a problem. I just love backtracking when she has to
rely on me <yippee>
I do believe, anyway, that I am the new star, not Chris. People want to
take me home and compliment on my work and all that - they sure don't do
that with Chris!
Cheers for now, off for a new day, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home