Sunday, September 16, 2007

The morning in the city

Hi all:
What followed the next day, after the empty rooms, was equally
interesting. Mom parked the car, and we got out into the sun and walked
through the city: Me in harness and mom ahead of us. But I always walk
so that I run Chris into mom, because I want to wak kind of behind and
beside mom to make sure I follow. So mom finally got the message to stay
behind and let Chris and me walk ahead. That means I have to do the job,
but Chris says that is what I need. We went to the restaurant that
Shadow also loves, where the humans always get themselves so much to
eat. Usually it is me, mom, the cousin, Chris and Shadow, but this time
Shadow was missing. And the cousin was not there yet, so we sat at a
small table, the ladies ordered drinks, and finally Chris could convince
mom that the table was too small. So when the cousin came and had
offered her hellos to all of us, we moved to the center of the room.
There Chrs attached my leash to the table, so she could go pick up her
food without having to worry about me. I also got water and took the
chance to offer a lick to the friendly waitress lady. What followed were
food and talks until it was time for us to go. In the meantime another
waiter came and asked for the permission to pet me, and they talked
about dogs. Apparently, he has a dog that has been blind from birth. Do
you think that dog needs a guide dog, too? He could hold on to the
handle with his strong teeth, if the handle was shaped like a dog rope?
And the other woofer should have a nice soft pull, so the blind woofer
could follow nicely.
When all the money had been payed we left and said goodbye to the
cousin. We walked all along the busy shopping street, where I ran Chris
into something I had not noticed. It was some candy hanging from
upstairs so low that Chris' head hit it. She made me turn and rework the
spot, and after I had managed correctly this time, I got praise from mom
and a lady who had been watching. Cool, eh, when you can finally show
off. Just wondering if Chris would make the music man and the tennis man
rework high obstacles, if they got it wrong, too.
We walked into that office where we had been before. I knew we were
supposed to walk in somewhere, but I was always too early and took the
wrong doors.

Finally we were right and out came the master of the empty rooms, the
lady from the previous day. She brought another lady, but they both
ignored me. Mom filled out something for Chris, Chris wrote her name,
for that's the only thing she can write in the others' way of using a
pen, and then they talked a little more and we left. We walked along the
street some more till we arrived at a shop where the two received a lot
of jewelry. And after that it was no more work for me. Chris just took
me on leash and made me heel, which I did. I was quite happy when we
arrived at home and I walked the short field route to do my business.
That was yesterday.

Today I thought something was going to happen, so I stuck to Chris and
mom. And when the doorbell rang, I ran from under the desk, knocked off
something and got sent back to my house firmly, before Chris went to
open the door. But by then Theresa had already left - shame!
Cheers for now, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home