Sunday, September 30, 2007

What Chris has to say

Hi all woofers and wooferesses:
(and anybody else reading...
Chris says if I type what she is trying to say, I will leave out the good parts about humans helping her, because they are not important to me. So I have agreed to let her insert her own report of the things we have done, so you get the full picture. Enjoy the read, and everything she says about me and the suitcase (and the traffic lights - I admit) is correct.
Now here's Chris:
 

Hi all:

I think I should tell you about all the things that have happened to me during this short period of time, so I don't forget.

Yesterday was a day of good news triggering in. So even though I was tired, I was kept awake and cheerful all the time. First I was told that I could shorten my route to work considderably if I did not even attempt to take the streetcar, but walked a different route. The driver that is taking us to wlork these weeks had given it a thought and promised to look at the details if he had time. Then later the day I found out that so far five volunteers had said they were ready to help move my stuff, meanng loading and unloading everything. I think they will be dead tired by the time they have loaded the truck here and unloaded it over there. But it is going to be really wonderful, I promise!

Then on the way back the driver told me that he was driving some 2.4 kilometers from my apartment building to work, but I as a pedestrian was able to shorten that route quite a bit. I only had to cross two major streets with non-audible traffic lights. I thought that was really good ews.

Finally I ordered a washer-dryer(no larger than a usual laundry machine) via phone with the kind help of the office worker over there, despite the fact that he had initially told me that orders were only taken online. That was a great day full of news, don't you think?

The night ended with me taking Hapoo wor a walk in heavy rain. I had to put her raincoat on her and use an umbrella myself, but Hapoo decided she did not want to walk too much - just down the street reluctantly and back up with no speed limit.

This morning then after breakfast we went to the city and looked at the route to work. Hapoo needs some serious work on traffic light location. She has never liked it, but if she doesn't find them reliably, we won't manage the route. There is no signal helping me to locate the lights at all, and at least one is in the middle of the street with no other indication.

After a quick bit of shoping and delicious lunch I continued packing. Since all the boxes were used up, I continued with the huge suitcase of mine, which made Hapoo feel quite uncomfortable. She dreads that when I handle a suitcase, it is kennel time for her and travel time fr me.

I like packing the things that are easy to pack, like books, tapes and CDs and clothes. But the other stuff, like kitchen technology and all the stiff in the livingroom, that's certainly not interesting. I am sure mom will have a solution for these things as well. So far I have gone through all my print books (4.5 boxes), my DVDs and a few CDs (0.5 boxes), some of my dishes (1 box) and most of my clothes (huge suitcase). There'll be at least one box full of CDs, at least three full of tapes, two more of dishes and one more of other textiles, not counting blankets and pillows etc.

On October 3rd we have a day off celebrating the re-unification of Germany, and guess what I'll do then!

Cheers for the moment, and thanks to Hapoo for the generous permission to post,Chris:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home