Saturday, November 17, 2007

Getting lost together

My update on Tuesday, October 16, 2007
On Monday the weather was equally beautiful, so the humans had
breakfast, Chris took me for the walk, and then the cousin came, and we
walked to work. First I wanted to have a serious talk with a small dog,
which Chris quite severely reacted to, but then I went and found the
staircase nicely, and the traffic light. However, I missed the second
one, the more important, but then I ran straight to work. Upstairs Anne
said goodbye to all of us, and work began. Oh, work is beautiful,
because everybody gives me pets! Everybody asked how my move went, I
mean ours, and Chris said that the sister and mom and the sister's
husband are now in the apartment setting up a few more things. When we
came back in the afternoon, nobody was there, but a few things had
changed. There were lamps everywhere, and in the kitchen all cabinets
were put in place and up on the wall, and the washer drier and the
dishwasher and the kitchen cink were all ready for use. And there are
curtains now in the livingroom.

So Chris took me for a walk, and we got lost nicely. She had to ask
somebody for the way, and the lady took us to a tunnel. But since Chris
was not sure whether that was ours or not, she asked a couple she heard
talking in the street. The lady pointed into the direction, but Chris
asked if she could take us. The lady apologized, because she had not
noticed that Chris was blind. Strange thing, she has me, and I always
wear my signal jacket! But the lady took us home. At night we got lost
again, but a man told us the name of a street not too far. So Chris
retraced the way, and I took her to another staircase not too far, and
that proved to be the one she was looking for. See, I am smart. This
morning mom came, and she accompanied us on the Hapoo route before we
walked to work again. I slowed down for the more important traffic
light, but Chris doesn't find me too reliable yet. Allright, I am doing
my best, promise!

At work one of the two men from Saturday joined us for lunch and the
humans had a lot of fun joking and laughing. Apparently he and the other
were to blame for all the furniture being disassembled and reassembled
and taken from home to the new rooms. In my opinion they should have
talked Chris into staying at home with mom, that is much nicer! The
second man needed Chris on the phone. Everybody seems to be impressed by
the way she speaks English. I'm not, I'd be depressed if she didn't
speak English!

At one point Chris was sitting at the PC, and the phone man came over to
talk with another colleague at the opposite desk. He told me to come
over if I wanted. Sure I did, pets are so relaxing! But Chris called me
back, put me beside her and told him not to call me over anymore, unless
he has asked permission. I also saw Petra and went to greet her. She is
nice after all!

After work in the afternoon we got lost on the Hapoo route for the third
time, but two girls took us home and talked with Chris. They asked if
they could pet me, and sure Chris permitted that. Just after we had
reached home, the cousin's husband called and told Chris that they were
bringing the bedroom wardrobe. Soon after they had arrived, the phone
man joined and helped them set it up. And then he put in the wooden
shelves. Chris offered to help, but he said that it is quite a challenge
to carry the heavy boards through the obstacle course including a dog.
Of course I had to lie down in the way, or did you smart man think I'd
not watch over what you were doing? They talked a little more about work
and this and that, and then we were left alone. I think I don't like to
be put into the house of mine, even though Chris leaves all doors open,
so I can hear. But I think I want to be with her to see that everything
is allright. Let's see if we can change things while they are new.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home