Sunday, December 02, 2007

My Berlin trip

Update on Sunday, November 11, 2007
I know now what happened, so I can tell.
We all got up way too early, Chris took me for the Hapoo route and I
very briefly had the chance to play with Cherry, and then she cleaned up
some more, Eric got ready and we left for work. I found all traffic
lights, and Chris praised me big time for that. At work we did not go
upstairs, but we waited with others I didn't really know for something.
We got into a car and stayed there forever. Every now and then Chris
talked with a guy, or better said they joked, until finally Petra and
the other fun lady got in and we left. We got out somewhere, Petra took
me for a small Hapoo route, and then the humans had breakfast. We went
by car some more, and then we arrived at a hotel. Chris and I had a huge
room, but there were no carpets in it. But when she opened the door
there was a small courtyard where I could go and do at least my small
business. We just had time to put down the bags and Chris gave me water,
and then it was back into the car and into a huge store where I bet
Chris wanted to shop. But before that it was food time, and then we went
into the store.
However, they did not shop for anything for a long time, but instead
they looked at all kinds of furniture, sat on couches and in armchairs,
looked at shelves and tables and all that. Just after coffee Chris
bought a huge cushion and had Eric carry it for her. At the hotel I
found out that it was my assigned bed, because she did not want me to
sleep on the wooden floor. It is so high and thick, I at first thought I
would get in trouble for stepping on it, but Chris encouraged me, so I
tried it. And from then on whenever we were in the room or the door was
open, I ran for my royal bed and lay down on it. O you haven't seen such
a comfortable bed ever - it is some 10 centimeters thick, and some nice
and firm edging. And when I lay down on it, it is like a little nest for
me, and I can still look out at things around me.

The following day it was the same, just looking at furniture, not buying
a single piece. But at night we went and the humans had something to
drink and Chris had ice-cream. The third day she and the ladies did go
shopping for clothes, while I stayed with Eric and the two other guys. I
had an aching ear and tried to cool it on anything I could find. I
generally felt stressed and tired that day, it wasn't nice, though Chris
gave me many pets and tried to let me rest. Thankfully Petra was there,
and she cleaned my ears at night. After that treatment I felt much
better, and on Thursday I was back to my usual self.

On Thursday Chris and Eric went separate ways from the two others, and
they had a lot of fun exploring kitchen furniture. Chris always opened
drawers and closed them again. She says it was so nice to see how
swiftly and quietly they closed. In the afternoon we did return with a
few shoppings, including a water bowl for me and a wooden cutting board
for mom. And at night we all went into the nearby restaurant, I didn't
even have to wear my harness. The humans had a lot of fun and laughed
about stories they told, and some of them drank a lot of stuff Chris
wouldn't even like to smell.

On Friday I saw something strange. First after breakfast even Eric and
Chris separated. Chris and I went with one coach and stood behind a
counter where the man didn't sell things, but he only handed over
plastic cards and received ites from the ones that had stopped by. He
calls that return, though I don't know why the people exactly were asked
to return. Of course, I was admired nicely. We went exploring, and the
coach showed Chris a lot of things at our side of the counter. We went
into an area where you can buy reduced things, as Chris calls it, and
quite soon I saw something spectacular. The coach pushed a cart with a
whole chest on it, like it was the grocery or so. I don't know what
exactly happened to it, but they drove the cabinet somewhere and I never
saw it again. How can one person move one huge piece of furniture so
easily? Two men were needed to lift it on the cart, so why could she
just navigate it around like it was nothing?

Well anyway, we met up with Eric and his coach, and then Chris and I
changed to the other coach, who took us to an office and explained Chris
a few more things she found interesting. We then walked around a bit
more and saw how carts with packages moved from the back to people who
then took them away for good. Probably mass shoppers or so. At lunch we
met up with the others, and then the car took us back home, or to work,
to be exact. And there Eric took the bowl and my royal bed away, while
I spotted mom and we left by car. Mom received a few things she really
likes from Chris, and she showed us a slightly longer Hapoo route at
night before she left. I really love it when mom comes to do something
with us, for I love mom and her pets, and I love it when Chris is
relaxed. I think tomorrow we will be back at work, but for now I am
enjoying my break. Today Chris has cooked for mom, and later they had
baked a cake before mom had left.
Cheers for the moment, Yours, busy Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home