Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The straige ways music goes

Dearest Mr Music Man:

With all respect - since my most favourite and bestest human thinks greatly of you - did you *have to* do this?

Admittedly, we had a strange day again today. she got out of bed outrageously early, cleaned up, searched for the tennis Quito man on the internet, cleaned some more, enjoyed the sun on the balcony and walked to work in the sunshine, light thoughts in her head, trusting my skills. She worked a little, had lunch and a chat with the cousin and then went to a tiny office with me to talk to one of the important ladies. Then we went outside, but she couldn't deny that she was tired. She ended up playing word tennis with the weelchair man, until the other lady I hadn't seen for ages came and asked if we wanted to have coffee. So off we went, the weelchair and its man, Chris and I, and finally the friend. She barely manages to accept me, but I was allowed to greet her.

After coffee the nice weelchair man gave us a ride home, where Chris collapsed on the couch to sleep. Her phone woke her up to tell her that her cleaning efforts would pay off. The other friend is coming to visit tomorrow - that's cool.

So finally she goes and turns on the PC again to check her emails. She replies to all others before opening the music.

Oh yes, I now your voice by now, trust me, and I have gotten used to it. But did you *have to* make her cry? She's tired, allright, but she is, if you let her emotional. She says it is so true that there is a story to every song you write or love. She listened for a long time, and she says that now, with your memories in mind, she is looking forward to the new music you are soon going to share. I am hopeless, o yeah, I am hoping you might come and bring it yourself, so you two can remember and tell stories. She loves stories, and she can tell so many.

A question: Do all people whose name starts with Chris like stories? She says that the CD will be like one of the classical symphonies by some man long turned to dust - it's his sixth one of the kind called the pastoral symphony or so. There he also tells the story, so Chris can imagine it while the music is playing. She says if you do that, it is much easier to apreciate and feel what you might have felt when you first met the song on your road - whichever road she means. After all, a road is full of obstacles she should not meet, because I guide her around them...

She says she is younger than you, and so she is not so attached to some of the songs. But you telling the stories puts her in your shoes - again, wouldn't that look awkward - or your mindset, and then she can understand and listen out with the feelings you shared in her own heart.

She says she has been to the vilage by the sea, and to the castle, and to the big city too, and she loves Ireland. That was before my time, and she can tell many stories from back then. And she says that it is only fair that you have a hero who makes you float for hours after meeting him, so you, even you, know what that silly thing is all about.

What do you think, should I remind her to tell another story of a song of yours? Or are you fed up with so many stories by now? She says some people like to read hers, too, but in my humble dogful opinion what matters is whether you like it or not, because they are about you and the results of what you call your profession.

You have chosen a good profession I think, because it makes Chris happy for reasons I fail to grasp. Well, maybe not always happy, but it touches her in one or another way, your job that is. Allright then, if that's the case, I think you surely have earned my respect, because Chris doesn't think so kind and positive about every person or every job they do.

And just so you know what Chris has been listening to, here comes the source:

 

http://www.weltbild.de/footsteps-chris-de-burgh/index.html?b=4783127

 

Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home