Saturday, August 30, 2008

O when the visitors come...

Hi everybody:
Firstly, can you imagine thhis? Last night Chris told me that a lady from a city she had always wanted to visit has told her that she always reads my Hapoo stories online? That city is called Mos-Cow or something similar - never heard of it, although Chris claims the Music Man mentions it in one of his songs. O the Music Man! Anyway, I think it is so great that somebody listens to what I have to say, and not always Chris all the time :-P
 
That was my introduction, and hrer's the rest of the story. Two days ago we returned home from work as usual, and almost immediately after that the doorbell rang and a lady came upstairs. I remember having seen her when we were still living at mom's, she had gone to the Music Mann's show with Chris.
the ladies and I didn't do much that night, because Chris was tired. But yesterday the action began. We got up as usual, and Chris and I went for the Hapoo walk. And then there was no breakfast, but we took the Streetcar to the city right away. There the ladies had an extensive breakfast, while I could sleep. Only once Chris handed my leash over to a man, so she could select her food without having to worry that eventually I would get up and follow her.
After breakfast they spent hours in various shops - you cannot imagine how tiresome that is. Walk a few steps, stop forever, walk on just when you're beginning to make yourself comfortable - and on and on it goes. But what is funny is that Chris and Sophia pick up clothes and wear them and put them back where they have found them. First Chris bought shoes, then a blouse and a pullover and trousers; Then it was a jacket, and then apparently the ladies, too, were tired and had a glass of some kind of priccly wine. I don't like the smel of that, but I think Chris doesn't like the smell of my dried tripes either.
When we were finally home, she tok me for a Hapoo walk, gave me my food and I rested a little. Sophia left on some kind of mission, and then Petra came, I love her, to pick us up. That meant we didn't have to walk all the way to work. At work there were many people gathered, but instead of letting me go to my royal bed and working on the phone herself, Chris and all the others and myself went to the largest room, the humans sat on the floor, and Ilka gave a speech. that was nice, so I could stretch out on the carpet and rest for a hour, before Chris very quietly left the event to run home to Sophia with me. Actually, she did not run, she slowed me down instead, because of her nnew shoes. She says they are comfortable, but she has to get used to walking in them. They are the most comfortable beautiful shoes she's ever had - allright. My most comfortable shoes are my paws.
And back at home she was so happy that music wa on and Sophia was there. Chris says she's completely taken over the kitchen, but I bet she isn't really sad about it.
 
We went for another Hapoo walk later that night, and I met Cherry. Chris says I cannot see too well anymore in the dark, that is why I growled at Cherry once. But Chris says Cherry is a smart dog, she let me walk in front, and she herself walked behind our little group. Chris likes her a lot, but I have trouble sometimes, although I have to admit she is a cool woofer.
 
Today I had to find out that there *is* one human in the world who can resist my wakeup calls. I sang for Sophia, put my muzzle as close to her face as I could, but she just wouldn't get up. Chris finally decided to let her sleep some more, before she and I go to work, and Sophia goes to the beach or so.
Cheers, Hapoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger greenfootprints said...

Hello Hapoo,
Well, the problem is that I´m normally victim to Tom´s rigid wake-up method: He simply used his paw to roll me out of bed. And shouldn´t that work, his good-morning kiss all over the face is so wet that you jump out of your bed at once to wash yourself. Of course, you being an elegant dog lady, never would do that. See,your lovely song made me slumber even more!
Love and many woofs,
Sophia

18/9/08 00:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home