Monday, November 24, 2008

back home again

Well, when you have come home after quite a journey, you always have something to tell.
 
First about the rest of the days at that hotel thing. I have decided that Carmen, the other dog, was not worth barking at. I only growled softly twice under the table, but apart from that remained fairly calm, maybe due to the fact that whenever Carmen had to pass us Chris put her hand down and softly placed it on my shoulder or near it. We went on nice Hapoo walks, and I was even allowed to run off leash a few times. Once we even took a lady with us, who was impressed by my semi-guiding, even on leash. We went out in bad weather twice, but that one time I had enough and made Chris return by dragging my feet and turning myself around towards home. For me the time apart from the walks meant sleeping or napping or watching and listening out for what the others did. They had food, talked or read, and when we were upstairs in our room, Chris watched TV or prepared the other lessons.
 
Chris says the group was wonderful, and teaching them was fun. They worked well, and after some reluctance even accepted the final chalenge of writing up something in English on their own. The ladies were nice and were allowed an occasional pet, one man was there, and he was nice, too, and the other man was afraid of us woofers. The hotel crew spoiled all of the humans, for spoiling us woofers is only up to our individual humans. Chris did well this time, for she had brought yummy chews for me.
 
Finally the time at the hotel was up, and one lady took us to a train station. Just before we boarded the train, it started to rain or snow quite heavily, and Chris pittied the lady who had to walk back to her car. We went to the main train station, where Chris bought herself a tiny piece of cake, and then the train was delayed. I didn't mind, for the train was nice and warm, and I had a lady sitting oposite me who had a dog at her own home. Chris says I did perfectly well getting off the trains with their high dangerous stairs. O yes, I have to wait for her command to jump out, for you cannot climb out, that would be too dangerous for the claws. We took yet another train, and then saw the good friend and her mom, who picked us up, so we went to their home by bus. I like that friend's home, nd Chris always says she can relax so well there. We stayed until yesterday, and when I recognized we were back, I started to run happily along the route we usually walk. It is so good to be home, and I hope soon i will get to see mom, too.
 
O by the way, I have to mention that snow came my way, and while we were with the friend, Chris let me off leash for a little while, so I could romp and dance and turn and run in the fresh, clean white snow. It even followed me home, but here I cannot run loose, for there are too many dogs here.
Have a good time everybody and wonderful winter, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home