Monday, November 17, 2008

finally on the road

Allright folks, I knew it, we were going to travel. Sooner or later when the suitcase is parked and she has put things in, we are leavong. So finally one fine morning she got up earlier than usual, ran around in the livingroom, changed her clothes once more than usual and had no coffee. We went out for our morning walk, she took the suitcase into the corridor and even put in my flexible leash. The doorbell rang, and mom came upstairs for a short visit, then took us downstairs, and there we met the niece and the tiny dog. No time for playing, all into the car and off we went to the train station, where the humans had an extensive breakfast at the bakery. After a while the niece got picked up by her father, and then mom took me and chris to the train. As always, she gout out after we had settled in, and then we were on our way.
 
It is really disappointing when you have to leave one train and start thinking now you can run and sniff out the new environment, but all you get is a transit from one platform to the other and another train. That train had metal steps, ones I had never seen in ages, so I was allowed to jump out after very nicely waiting for the command to do so. Another change of platforms, another train, and finally, after two girls helped us get off the train, a lady was there with her car. At least that is more spacious than the trains, where I have to lie under benches and make sure I am not in peoples' way.
 
We got out of the car, and I knew where I was! Tail up high, chris, here's the staircase we always walk up to enter the house! But no, here comes the dog walk on the flexible leash. chris wants to see how well she remembers it - pah, you've found your master, for it is I who knows the way, yes I do! I take the right turns and show her what a good guide I am.
 
Of course, I am a good guide, of course, though I do have my flaws. All people arrived, and with them was the other female dog I don't particularly like. But the humans are kind, they make sure I don't get to growl at her or scare her, even though i am convinced I need to be the boss around here, having been so wonderful on all the way and the Hapoo route.
 
there are a few people here with the lady with the other dog. There are two men, of whom one is afraid of us nice dogs, and two ladies, who both like to give me a pet or the other.
 
What we do here? O well, I mostly sleep, or we go on nice and long dog routes, where there are many piles of leaves to sniff and explore, or I lie down and sleep and look through a gap into the circle chris has shaped using the comfortable couches. While I am busy napping, Chris displays her english knowledge, which she eagerly and ambitiously tries to transfer on to those listening.
 
Then she eats a whole lot. chris says the food here is extremely tempting, and she cannot resist. She is catching cold, but one of the ladies here is going to stop by a shop and get the things she needs to keep the cold under control. After all, Chris needs her voice to talk.
 
Allright, that was it for now, I will certainly continue the story. Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home