Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No more Quito

Hi all:
 
Apparently I will not see Quito for quite a while to come. A few weeks ago Petra talked with Chris about her, and she says that the current host family no longer wanted her. She says the man spoiled Quito, which made the woman jealous, and they couldn't agree. And the little one took advantage of the disagreement. Well, had they hired me, there would not have been any rebellion, at least not towards me. Quito sure knows who is the boss and the royalty.
 
Talking royalties: I have come up with a magnificent master plan. You know that royalty at the place called London, where Chris has been before, that distinguished royalty lady of some considderable age is known to love dogs. I think if she saw me, Chris would let her pet me, of course, because we royals are united in this. If I should ever retire and have to leave my bestest Chris of all, couldn't I go and stay with the human royalty and get spoiled rotten?
 
Anyway, I amgetting off the topic it seems - after all, dogs are rambling just as well as humans. Well, Petra tried hard to find a new host family. But for some reason they were all sceptical as far as training a Hovawart goes. that, of course, leaves me wondering why, as I am a considderably dood guide dog. Chris says so, she is not opting for perfection, and she is just fine with me.
 
Finally, Petra called Chris and told her of a guide dog trainer near where both Quito and I came from. Chris said she had talked to that lady a long time ago, and she was allright with that decision. So then Petra and Quito went on a long journey again without saying goodbye to me - really impolite, if you ask me.
 
But the cool thing is that a few days ago the new Quito coach called and told Chris that Quito has made friends in the dog pack, a black German Shepherd female and another black Labrador male. I think the black colour might remind her of me - or maybe her mom, who knows? And she wanted to chase the cats. Petra told Chris that as soon as Quito arrived, the cats trapped her in a circle and would not let her move until Petra freed her. Told you, cats are mean and cheeky critters, they should all be banned to live on trees and away from at least Chris and out of my sight. Or if they have to live near humans. I should be allowed to chase them for my own pleasure and use them as wonderfully interactive toys.
 
The Quito coach also says that Quito is afraid of slippery floors. Both she and Chris are so far calm about it, they are hoping that Quito will learn that these floors don't bite at all.
 
I am wondering if I will ever get to see the baby again, but Chris says that that is not the most important worry. It is most important that I feel well and that Quito be successfully trained to follow in my footsteps, should I ever slow down and feel too tired to guide her. O you just don't even think about that! I will do anything to stay with the bestest Chris of all, even though I have trouble seeing when it is dark. I'll work my way around that one and be the best Hapoo ever. This morning Chris remembered that I could put away my own equipment, and afterwards we played a good while - so great to play again!
Cheers for the moment, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home