Friday, November 28, 2008

the past week

Hello everybody:
 
Well this past week has been fairly quiet and regular, despite the fact that Chris did a few things she has not done in ages. She cleaned up her kitchen, washed coats and curtains and browzed the internet quite a lot. She also found her backgamon game, which she likes to play every now and then.
 
But thenk she has also brushed me thoroughly in two sessions. The grooming session began on Monday, when she clipped my nails and shortened the fur at the back of my legs and between the toes. She says the snow always gathers in huge clumbs around the long leg fur and between my toes, so after a while I cannot walk well anymore. Quite true but not bad if she gives me time to lick them loose every now and then. She says that's not what she needs when we are out walking to work. Allright, I don't mind, for then no salt can gather between my toes, either.
 
After that pedicure Chris brought out the fine comb and brushed me. She did that in a very relaxed manner, which I loved nd enjoyed. She left me alone for the rest of the day, but on Tuesday she remembered the other tool, the soft brush, which collects all loose hair off me. I loved that treatment, for afterwards Chris gave me millions of cuddles, because to her I felt so fluffy nd soft. I felt the same as always, but of course, I loved the extra pets.
 
Then she took the guitar down from the top of the shelf, but she said she could not play it, because one string was damaged. So she took down the other and played a little. Yesterday, when mom came, I was made to go to my mat, and I was only allowed to come back when I was quiet. I tried to sing my loudest song to mom, but Chris wouldn't let me. Hey, do I always interfeer in your matters, precious lady? Well, beware, you'd better listen to Chris <sigh>
 
We went out with mom, and I even had the chance to show off my guiding skills, I raced Chris to the streetcar and was very alert generally. But one time we passed by another dog very very closely, and I had to, just had to snarl at it. Chris was not at all amused. Well, I have my dog friends and my not so dog friends, too. For example, I like the little one that lives in our house - not the white Shepherd, but the tiny bouncer. When he comes to greet me, I don't say a word, he's just fun.
 
With mom we went into a store that was packed with musical instruments, but Chris didn't like it there. She bought guitar strings, had  short conversation with a man and left. Both mom and she agreed that the man didn't know much of what he was talking about. Then it was clothes shopping time, which I enjoyed, because I lay in such a way that I could see both mom and Chris. When I got bored of lying down I got up and walked to mom to see if she could give me pets. She could, but Chris sent me back to lie down - I did reluctantly, I have to admit.
Then we walked along the street - it is always packed around Christmas - packed with booths and stands, where people mainly sell food and drinks and all that. The ladies bought themselves sweets, and then they went to meet up with a lady. Then we went into another store packed with instruments, but Chris got hold of a man who immediately knew what she was thinking to buy. He showed her a kind of piano, but when she played it there was no sound. When she plays at mom's house, I come to make her stop, but this time at the stranger's place I lay down and watched as they were both playing and talking. When we finally left, both ladies were impressed and very happy. They had some food, ad then we left for home. I loved it that mom stayed over night, but I was well-mannered and did not sing to her during the night. Then started the usual routine of major shopping, and i think soon enough we will be going back to work. That'll be really nice again.
Allright, tiime to take a well-deserved nap, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home