Friday, August 21, 2009

The travel

Hi every woofer and every human:
 
I know it is late, but what can you do when the only human who provides access to the computer denies the same?
 
I had told you something was in the air, and my instinct served me right once agaon. I remember that one day the sister came to pick us up, and we went to the dentist's. We only stayed a short while, and then we left again. The sister took us to mom's home. Chris took me for a wonderful offleash work along the field route, but she said she herself couldn't walk too far, because the grass was really high. I had a great time, that is for sure. Then the humans talked and talked, until mom and Chris and I got into the car, and we went shopping. Into a store I hate first, one where Chris tries various artificial smells, of which I find some on her later - oof - not made for dog noses! Then into the grocery store, where we bought a lot. The grocery was put into the car, and then we went into that store where Chris hides behind a curtain and comes out from time to time with clothes on that I haven't seen her wearing before. And then some of them later appear at home.
 
Finally we went home, and Chris made sure I got food and mom felt great. We all had a quiet night, and the next morning the rooster from the alarm clock woke us up really early.
 
Chris first woke mum up, and then the humans had breakfast. O I was really tired! They ran through the apartment and turned off all the electricity, grabbed jackets and the backpack and me, and then we went outside, where Chris let me run off leash a little - that is a really rare occasion here in the city. But it was so early and so quiet, that she didn't think another dog would show up.
Mom drove us to the train station. First thing I saw was another dog, but I was not allowed to play with it, of course. Instead we hurried to a platform and into a train, where mom said goodbye, and the long journey started. We had to change trains once, and then the really long train ride begun. Another taxi ride followed, and then we were finally at a house I have never been to before. The kind taxi driver took us to a window inside the room, where Chris asked for a person and then for a plastic card. Then we stood beside the window and talked to the lady behind it. Finally the other lady came and said hi to both of us, and Chris also asked the lady behind the window if she wanted to pet me. She did, and then Chris gave her my harness and the backpack, and then she asked the other lady if we could go for a Hapoo walk. Of course she took us, and o what relief. It had become much warmer since the morning, but along the route there was a tiny creek, and I drank water from it, but had to make sure I didn't fall inside. chris let me walk off leash, that was heaven. The lady  stayed with us for the entire time, and I think I like her, at least Chris does.
 
We then went to have food in a crowded place where little cildren asked if they could pet me, and then we went into a quiet room, just the three of us. After a little rest we walked through the entire office floor - how many offices there were - and none of them with a door!  Really amazing! Back into the small room the ladies started talking until the lady boss and another man arrived. I think I had seen the lady boss before, but I am not sure. She sure likes me, and I like her, when Chris allows contact. then the coack came back, and the human talking continued.
 
Finally we left for another wonderful Hapoo walk, which lead to another house called the old school. However, it sure didn't look like a school, that much is for sure. Chris opened the door by punching numbers into a pad, and then the lock gave way. The coach showed us the way to where Chris could get food the next morning, and after two walks I knew where to go. Finally the humans and I went out for human food, and Chris says it was really delicious. After that we returned to the school house with our room inside it, and then we all called it a day - a long but successful day.
 
The next morning I flew to the breakfast place, where a really friendly lady helped chris get breakfast, and then we walked back upstairs to the room. the coach was already there to pick us up, and so the morning route took us back to the large house with the offices on top. More talking, one more lunch in another cantine, and a bit more talking, and then two men arrived. They took us to a kind of sitting corner with armchairs. I heard Chris saying that I am not going to sit in an armchair - what a pity, I would've loved to! Instead she knealt beside me, and the photo man took many photos of the two of us, while the other one talked with Chris. That interview continued in the small room, until the lovely coach returned. Then it was time to say goodbye and get into the waiting taxi. We went back with two trains.
 
on the first train Chris talked with the two ladies who were sitting beside her, and one of them helped her find the bathroom, while the other held my leash. She was impressed how I stood there and only waited for Chris to return. And then finally Chris took down their suitcases, and they headded for the door. Chris waited some more time, during which she talked to the couple beside us. They both like dogs, and I was allowed to go and ask for pets there, as well. We got off the train, were taken to another platform and waited there until another train arrived that we boarded. We got off, and as always, a lady greeted us, accompanied by Daniel, the weelchair man. Please excuse me, Mr wheelchair man, I forgot to give you a kiss then, I was so excited to be back home! Chris says it was so nice that he picked us up and took us home. We immediately went for a Hapoo walk, even though Chris now didn't only have her backpack with her, but also another bag with a laptop inside it.
And when we were upstairs in the apartment, I received my large portion of food, and then I just slept, like Chris.
 
I can tell you that the trip was quite exhausting, because I had to see so many new things, but I liked all the people there, and I am sure most of them liked me.
Cheers for the moment, I have to run to work, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home