Wednesday, June 10, 2009

either tennis or busy

Hi woofs and speaks!
 
I have found out that in Chris' life there are two modes: either tennis or busy.
 
She watched the flying balls until Sunday, she said the best man won, but not her favourite, but it was worth taking the holidays, because she saw some really interesting matches.
 
The following day we went back to work. It was allright but quiet. None of my preferred friends was there, except for cousin Anne at lunch, of course. The next day we changed desks, Chris worked in the back office. She says she got a lot done that day. And today we saw mom. I tried to sing, but was ignored until I at least followed quietly. Then mom came out of the kitchen and greeted me. The two had breakfast, and then we all got into the car. We got off at the dentist's. That is the place where Chris puts me under a chair, has mom read or so, and at one point disappears for quite a while. However, she always comes out fairly relaxed and mom is there, too, so that's allright.
Then we went to the city, where we got an appointment with the hairdresser's. To pass the time, we went for a walk along the city wall, where I got to run off the leash a little and did what a dog has to do every now and then. And then Chris harnessed me up and made me work. I don't like to walk in spacious areas, where there is no edge to follow. Mom helped us cross that, and at the hairdresser's she took care of me as well. Chris says the lady who did her hair was excellent, and she enjoyed it. We went into a shopping center, where Chris looked at technology. And then I had to guide her all the way to the streetcar stop, which I did well. I even managed to ignore a tiny dog - applause - but was confused by all the pigeons in my path. After a firm reminder I even ignored those and walked straight to where Chris wanted me to walk. Then it was time to go shopping at the supermarket. A lady aproached us, looked at me and then apologized, for she had not seen the signal jacket that says I am a guide dog. And once she saw that, she had no problem with me being in the supermarket. I love it, and the casheers always say how nice I am.
However, it's good to be back, and I think we will go to sleep soon, cheers, Hapoo.
By the way, tomorrow is yet another day of work, of course.

1 Comments:

Anonymous furniture man Marian said...

Hey Happo,
only tennis or busy?
Do you know Mr. Chris “Schwiegermutterversteher“ de Burgh?
The greatest hit was lady in red, this man had a big place in Chris life.
Bigger than tennis and work together. Never mind!
For all reader of this comment. Sorry for my bad school english.
My english teacher had never enter british terrain. I´m innocent in this matter.
Mark six sit down please, oh no!
Your are welcome...the furniture man Marian

12/6/09 22:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home