Friday, June 19, 2009

Yesterday

Hi everybody:
Yesterday we returned home from work, and Chris took a nap and then a shower. Then she changed clothes, emptied the trash and harnessed me up. The weather was beautiful, and we walked in the direction of the supermarket. I was enthusiastically going to cross the street and head for the entrance, but Chris made me stop, and we waited for a short while until the wheelchair man arrived.
We took a short walk to his house, where he even has an elevator - a smaller one than the one at work, but we fitted in easily. Upstairs Chris took a tour of the apartment, and i found some kibble lying on the floor from the dog that had previously visited. I had enough time to watch Chris exploring. She walked once around the rooms, and the man on wheels had by now abndoned his seat and retrieved crutches from somewhere to follow her. Once she had finished that tour, they sat down and talked. Then he got up to prepare food, and spotted a treat. Chris caught me, showed it to the Mr Daniel, and he was quite surprised I had found it. I was allowed to have it after all, and then the humans ate and had whine and talked and so forth and so forth. I still don't understand why that can be so pleasant. but at least I noticed that they talked about me a lot.
They didn't get up until very late. Daniel gave me pets, Chris just sat and relaxed and enjoyed the hospitality for the two of us, and finally I managed to get them to go outside with me. I had to work all the way home, but it was quiet outside. On one occasion I did my business and then was immediately called back.
That was a pity, as seconds later I spotted a marvelous toy, a cat. I really tried, but Chris reminded me twice, and so I had to gain my focus back and walk home. She says she had enjoyed the night and the walk back.
Good night everybody, Yours, Hapoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home