Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Adventurous with Mr Mylove

Hello all:

Oh I am exhausted. Thanks Chris, for letting me use the computer so
shortly after the adventure!

We started off what Chris calls last Friday, she had to work first, and
then we took the streetcar to the train station. We walked upstairs, i
found the right staircase to the central hall, and there we walked to
the bakery shop first, and then to the desk where a lady was waiting to
take us to the train. The weather was hot, but in the train the
temperature was allright. We got off onto a platform, which was buzzing
with life. A man helped us find the other platform, where we had to wait
until a lady picked us up and helped us board the next train. Soon after
we had settled, a boy got on and asked where he could sit. Chris said he
could sit beside her, provided he didn't mind me. He did not, petted me
and even gve me a treat. Chris talked both to him and to a man sitting
behind us. So the journey was fun for her and she was not bored. So when
we got off there was nobody to help us find the next train, but a young
couple stepped in, took us to the service terminal, and there a man took
us to the city train. We only caught it because it was late.
And when we got off, I spotted Mr Mylove, guided Chris towards him and
jumped up on him. He rewarded me with a yummy treat, took over the
leash, and we walked home. I got food and water, the humans had
something to eat, and then we all slept.

The next day after a nice long morning walk the humans had breakfast,
watched cars racing on the TV, and then we all went outside, took a city
train, got off and started walking. At first they let me run free and
see if I could play with other dogs. Then we found a place where I could
swim in the river they call Main. The usual park was closed, because
horses had taken over the ground, and I could not have gone for a swim
there. But this river was fun, too, and it is good to cool off in the
rivers and swim. We then continued to walk along a very narrow route, I
first, then Mr Mylove, and finally Chris. The road was really narrow,
but the humans had fun with it. They even discovered a cherry tree with
ripe cherries, Chris and Mr Mylove say these were the first ripe ones
they have ever seen. Then, however we had to return, because water was
blocking the way, and they did not think swimming to the other side
would work. So we turned and walked back. And when we had stepped out of
the jongle, Chris showed her legs, which were scratched by the thorns of
the wild roses. Mr Mylove was wearing long pants, but Chris had decided
against them, because the weather was still warm. We then continued to
walk through the heat until we arrived at an outdoor pub, where we took
a break.
Then we took the train back and stopped at another outdoor pub where the
humans sat right by a fountain on the ground. Back home I just waited
for my food and then slept, while the humans were watching some kind of
music show they call Eurovision something something. They had loads of
fun with it and finally turned off the lights very late.

The next day they called Sunday we went out for a dog walk, upstairs and
the humans watched lots of TV, and I slept and slept and slept. We only
went outside for the evening walk and a stay at the outdoor restaurant,
and then all continued sleeping.

The day after that we left the house fairly early and walked to the
train station, took a train into the other direction, got off, walked a
bit, saw the river they call Rhine, but I couldn't swim in it. Then we
took a boat called ferry, noisy thing I didn't like so much, and then
walked another little bit until we found a quiet place where I could
swim and the humans could relax. They both walked into the water, threw
wood sticks for me, and I swam to retrieve them and put them back on the
shore. Chris says I really swam like a champion, calm and really long,
and I surely had lots of fun retrieving the wood. Chris got a little
sun-burnt, but she says she enjoyed sitting there with Mr Mylove and
just relaxing by the river.
After we had returned, we went to the outdoor restaurant again, the
humans spent hours talking to the couple at our table, I took a nap and
waited to go home, so I could get my food. Chris packed the bag, talked
a bit with Mr Mylove, and then they slept.

In the middle of the night they both got out of their beds and dressed.
Chris put collar, signal jacket and short leash on me. I had a bit of
water and smelled smoke then. Outside there were huge cars making lots
of noise. Somebody knocked on the door and told the humans to stand by,
whatever that meant, and so Chris sat down on the couch, left the leash
on me and I lay down and waited, watching the humans. Mr Mylove tried to
minimize the smoke in the apartment and told Chris what he could see out
of the window.
The man knocked on the door again and said everything was allright, so
Chris removed the collar, leash and signal jacket, put down her handbag,
undressed and lay down in the bed beside Mr Mylove to sleep a little
more until the alarm clock woke her up.
She finished packing the bag, had a cup of coffee, and when we stepped
out into the corridor, the smell of smoke was strong. I only reluctantly
followed Chris, who quickly walked down the stairs. Mr Mylove said one
of the trash cans right at the house wall must have caught or been put
on fire, half of one car was burnt, and so was part of the house wall.
We walked to the train station, took a bus and got off. I recognized
that we were at Mr Mylove's work, and soon I found the big boss there
and greeted him. They put me into his car, then Mr Mylove said goodbye
to Chris, she got into the car, and the big boss drove off with us.
We took several breaks until we arrived at home, where Chris got
settled, took me on the evening route, and then Daniel on wheels,
thistime on crutches, visited us. He showed Chris how to use the new TV,
and she started to watch the small flying balls and discovered that her
favourite Rafa man had won easily.

So there we are, a lot of adventures during the weekend, and I really
enjoy being with Mr Mylove and Chris, both of them together. This
morning Chris has already vacuumed the place and cleaned all dog bed covers.
We are on holidays now, so Chris can watch the flying balls, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home