Sunday, July 22, 2012

I get you anyway!

Get you anyway! Get you anyway!

It has worked out for the past two nights, and I think it is fantastic!

Picture this: Chris lying awake in her bed ignoring me. At first I show
her I am awake by walking around, licking my muzzle to show that I am
awake. Eventually she will show a hand ad the edge of the bed. We have
to sort out wiether I can wash it or she wants to give me pets. She
doesn't like the washing, she says she can do a better job. So I enjoy a
few pets before the hand hides under the blanket again. I am not jumping
up, I am too well-mannered, so I am!

Chris possesses a stubborn streak - incredible! She takes her new toy,
the other mobile phone, and messes around with the setup. She says in
the morning is the best time to do boring tasks like that. When she is
finished being bored, she puts the phone away and seriously believes she
can stay in bed some more. Have a good laugh! I mean she's awake!

So I start my series of calls for attention. First I walk around the bed
to see whether I can reach a hand or so to lick. That's usually not the
case, so I shake my head so that my ears hit the bedframe. Makes some
tremendous noise! I stand and stare, but no motion. I walk around the
bed to the other side and wag my tail so it plays thumping drums on the
bedframe. By now Chris certainly knows I am wide awake. Finally I sit
down, lick and chew the air and stare some more. Sometimes that brings
success. Chris sits up, gives me pets, laughs and calls me a little
nuissance.

I think that's great, for the moment she puts her feet out of bed she
gets up. I pick up a few more pets and go quietly, and with great
satisfaction, back to my place on the other side of the bed, where I lie
down and wait as patiently as ever. Chris gets dressed, walks through
the apartment to open the windows, and then back to the corridor.

When she stands with her ack to the door, she calls me, and I come and
we greet one another with a short playing session. And then I pick up my
leash, signal jacket and collar. Sometimes we will even play fetch with
the collar - I love chasing it - before it is put around my neck, leash
hooked on, signal jacket fastened - and then, and then - out we go!

I told you, it is such great pleasure to drive Chris out of her bed. It
would have a 30 kilo impact if I were allowed on it, for Chris finds my
tongue no propper wakeup call and squeezes herself away from it. Wonder
if I could make her fall out of bed that way!

I hope I have provided a cheerful start of the day to all readers, I'll
go lie down for my morning nap.
Good day, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home