Friday, July 20, 2012

My new clothes!

Hi there:

I have just received a new piece of clothing: a signal jacket. And oh I
love it!

Some time ago, when it was warmer, I had torn my usual signal jacket.
Well, it had been two years old already. So Chris had to find me another
one. That one was no fun at all - stiff and itchy and not at all
flexible. I scratched myself often, and I just didn't like it.
When we went to see Mr Mylove on that trip I could also call the
swimming marathon, he at least made the buckles a bit more flexible, and
I had to get used to that new thing, for Chris wouldn't listen.

I believe now that she couldn't, because just yesterday I saw sister
Suse at work. I wanted her to come and play wrestling or romping or
jumping, but she wouldn't join. Instead she brought Chris a box, and
from it she retrieved new signal jackets and a new white leather leash.
I love the signal jackets most of all, because they are of the old usual
flexible material, with the picture badges on the sides. This morning I
got to wear it, and I even got to run after and retrieve it, and then we
even took a tiny little path on our morning walk, a little loop we had
not walked before. It wasn't hard, and Chris couldn't have gotten lost,
also because I was there to insist on where to go.
I know where I'm going, though sometimes it is to greet sister Suse, or
maybe another dog, and then Chris usually catches my off thoughts and
isn't very amused.

Also, yesterday she held the telephone close to me. She insists it was
so somebody could see me.

So what, just a second: Can that telephone also make somebody invisible
spy on me? That is a serious violation of my private space ...
Well actually it isn't, unfortunately, because Chris pays for my private
space - too bad, really!

And she says somebody I haven't met yet was the one receiving the
picture. One of these days I will hide all those invisible monsters:
Radios with voices, TVs with pictures, telephones with voices and
pictures both ways, so nobody can be invisible to me any longer, but
they'll have to come by if they want to see me, and so I can decide
whether I like them or not.
After all, a dog's got to do what a dog's got to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home