Sunday, May 25, 2003

Hi friends:
So many things have happened that I really don’t know where to start.
Well, I have told you about Bianca’s visit and going to the city with mom haven’t I? Yesterday, after another long week of constant tennis watching in the afternoons, Chris discovered another hobby. She spent her evening in front of the TV, watching people singing. Different people sang different songs in different languages. Chris watched all on her own, commenting on how excellent or how lousy she thought the music was. And then finally she took out her note taking device and wrote down numbers after numbers, which were announced on TV. And all this has two different names. Chris says that in former times this strange event was called “Grand Prix Eurovision de la Chanson� but in modern times they call it “Eurovision Song Contest�, and the Germans simply refer to it as Grand Prix. Strange, don’t you think?

Then this morning we went to the city, but took another train, as if we wanted to go to the beach of the beautiful Baltic Sea – well at least that’s what Shadow thinks. I for one hate this ever-moving water. Anyway, we fortunately got off earlier and spent the day wandering around in a gigantic park. Mom looked at all kinds of flowers, and twice we stopped on a meadow, where mom and Chris rested on comfortable chairs. The weather was quite hot, so Chris pored water over my head and neck, which I thought was stupid. Why would one do that? I don’t need water on me, I just need it to drink, or for an occasional bath! I wish somebody could tell her to stop this silly thing! Chris says it is good for me and cools me a little, but I hate it anyway. For lunch we went up a very noisy flight of steps, those you can see through. This used to be a ship, and on the upper level of it they have set up a restaurant. I got water, and the ladies enjoyed some fish and coffee. As always, I am not getting the delicious stuff!
I think they needed to take a good rest before they headed off for the next event. They first talked to a lady about something I did not understand, but referred to me. The lady must have given them a positive answer, so we went on somewhere, where they talked to another man, who seems to have agreed as well. A really short train or very strange car stopped, and we went on. The cabin was nice and spacious, and it was only the three of us there. When it moved, I realized that we were going up, and it was rocking as if it was hanging on a rope! We went up and all across the aria we had walked through before, and some more places. We could see people on their balconies, musicians performing and strange gardens and flowers. Mom loved it, and Chris was very relaxed. She even petted me to give me comfort. God, why do humans have to come up with really strange vehicles to transport them? Why couldn’t they just have gone by a simple train or bus? We almost arrived where we had gotten on this strange cabin, which was stopped by a nice lady, so we could get off all right. Then Chris permitted the lady to pet me, which was really nice. And then it was park, sun flowers again. What’s so nice about flowers and meadows, when you can’t run and dig? Chris never took me off the leash, except for one time nobody was looking, but just for three minutes!

And remind me to tell you what happened before we took our train back h9ome, that’s another story, and it would be too much for you nice people to read. Have a wonderful time and met me mention that Chris bought herself another fridge magnet, yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home