Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Hi all:
Last week we were in the city for almost a day. Chris bought new coats, and for me the new mat. While we were in a supermarket, two men approached us and started talking to Mom. Only later I found out that they told mom I had to leave the supermarket. Mom replied "No." Then they suggested mom and Chris attach me somewhere outside, but mom told them the risk would be on their side if I got lost. When Chris got involved in the argument she negotiated for a compromise. She said we'd never come in here again, if they let us finish our shopping. Chris also had to promise not to take me into the food section. And just as the men were turning away she told them something very interesting:
"The next time you talk about me or my dog it would be more polite and appropriate to address me."
One of the men replied that they had to talk to the person accompanying Chris. She then told them that she has all rights of a normal person over the age of 21 and that she can very well speak, think and decide on her own behalf. She used vocab that expressed her legal competences, which intimidated the two so much that they left with a very soft "goodbye".
I at first did not know what the deal was, but mom and Chris later told the story to people, so I had enough time to figure it out.

Secondly, I have the suspicion that Chris will soon take me to the kennell again. Last week she called them and arranged for something. I like it there, but I would much rather go with Chris. Why can't she just take me with her - come on Shadow, you always give me Wurst, you should talk her into taking me, please!
Okay, time for me to sleep, byebye, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home