Thursday, November 20, 2003

The mat I live on:

Well I never told you about the place I usually spend my time on. Chris sends me there with the command:
“Geh auf’n Platz”, (“Go to your place (colloquially spoken)”)
Even Shadow knows how to pronounce it, it’s fun.
Chris says it covers an area of around 1.2X0.u8 meters – well I honestly don’t have a good idea of meters, so I believe her.

At one side of it there are Chris’ armchair (Shadow’s most favourite place to sit and work on his laptop) and a little stool, where she puts my collar. It is sometimes used as an extra place in the kitchen, for when there are more than three people visiting. I like the stool, because I love to put my head under it.
On the other short side of my mat there is the outside wall with the heater. It is nice in winter, trust me!
One long side faces the kitchen door. Sometimes, when Chris is in the kitchen I lay down so that I can see what is going on there. You never know, maybe she does something that’s worth seeing, or I get a bit of food, maybe??? But usually I am immediately and very unkindly thrown out of the kitchen.
On the same side in the corner there is a CD shelf. I only know that CDs are round slices of a probably huge plastic roll. For a mysterious reason Chris puts them into her recorder and they produce music, or sometimes books. The other ones, the ones she puts into her computer, are in the other CD shelf, near the entrance door. Really strange, those CDs! But just by that shelf in the corner is my water bowl, so I just need to get up and put my tongue into the water and drink and drink. Sometimes Chris is annoyed by the noise I make
On the other long side there are a few boxes – I think they’re empty, and Chris keeps them for a reason I fail to know. They are nice; I can lie down against them. And the gap between armchair and boxes I use to watch Chris while she is sitting, watching tennis or something similarly stupid. Goodness, don’t remind me of tennis, this stupid ball clicking and people talking. It just doesn’t reach my brain, how she can like this stuff that much! She even has tons of tapes full of some “very important” tennis pieces – don’t ask me what that is, I haven’t a clue!!!
And finally – my mat is made of fabric that feels like a fur. It is nice, soft and warm, it holds quite a bit of the hair I shed, but unfortunately, it also absorbs the sticky balls that I bring in from outside, if Chris hasn’t discovered them early enough. I don’t like sticky balls; it sometimes hurts when Chris removes them.
And when I complain, Chris says!
“Tough luck Hapoo – you brought them, now shut up!”
This is how cruel she can be sometimes, but nevertheless I for one love her – more than Shadow, of course!! :-P
Now, before Shadow kills me, I’ll better run “auf’n Platz”, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home