Monday, May 21, 2007

The spontaneous travel

Hi again, we are back:
Like I had suspected in my previous post, Chris and I went on a travel
after the really long phone session with Shadow. Mom took us to the
train and gave Chris a really big hug. I think both of them were sad in
a way, but I never found out why that was. I had offered Chris a nice
cuddle, and she took it, of course. On the train ride she first played
computer, like at home, but not for long. For some really unusual reason
she was not up for listening to the music man much, for she says
sometimes there is poison in every song and she didn't want to die. So
she sat there and pretended to look out of the window and not, as usual,
at the people oposite. I did my job of blocking two of the four seats
most of the time, until three really brave people decided to go sit with
us anyway, given that the train got really crowded towards the end.
There was one man who liked me, and Chris even told me I could go ask
for pets.
When we finally got off the train, the friend and her mom were already
waiting for us. It was on a bus that the mother found out it was the
wrong one, so the kind driver let us hop out at a stop he wasn't
supposed to stop at. Yippee, this meant a really long Hapoo walk for me,
and I loved it.
Then basically what happened was the usual Chris and friend meeting
routine of talking, having loads of coffee, talking, eating loads of
delicious food, allright petting me every now and then, walking me and
feeding me, talking, coffee, eating, talking... You get the pattern!
However, one of my Hapoo routes had a surprise waiting. A wonderful male
dog had escaped his equally wonderful owner lady, and she said that I
could play with him. I tried hard, but he didn't want to go runrunrun
with me. I got to run off leash anyway, and that was just wonderful. Too
bad we didn't see the woofer again, he was such a gentle kind dog. Chris
also got to pet him, she liked his short thick fur she says.
After that the routine of Chris and the friend changed slightly, for the
weather apparently was so good that they decided to shift their talking
location to two comfortable chairs on the friend's balcony. That thing
is so so tiny that it only holds two stretched out comfortable chairs, a
small round table between them and me lying by the door. Nothing more,
no running around or so. One night they stayed outside really late. That
same evening I did finally get a small share of their food, that being a
bone of the meat they had barbecued for dinner. That bone was really
delicious.

When we went back yesterday Chris was much more cheerful than when we
started the journey. She joked with the friend, who is apparently coming
to see us this weekend. We entered a really crowded train, but some nice
person offered us a seat in a four-seater with three others - nice
person. They had a good laugh when Chris slided me under the seats -
yeah like I want that! She could have just left ly lying right in the
aisle, then everybody would have been safe and left in peace. But
allright, they wanted no aisle blockage, so down I went. Chris even sat
at the window, spent most of her time listening to the music man's songs
that no longer seemed to have the sadly deadly power, talked to the
friend and mom briefly and sat so that she could have looked at the
people, had her eyes only picked up their assigned function. When we got
off the train at home I was confused. Chris made me head straight down
the stairs and out the back entrance of the train station without
waiting for mom. I was willing to look or wait for her, for she usually
waits for us at the stairs, but Chris wanted otherwise. I have to give
it to her, this time for once she knew better, because mom was waiting
outside the train station. I think this time all the three of us were
happy to meet and go home. But friend is coming, and we will be off for
a few nice long Hapoo walks then with her! Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home