Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hotspot time

Hi all readers:
Once again I am sorry I have not managed to update you on all that has
happened in the past few weeks. Chris had sent one long update, but it
got lost in noman's land.
Yesterday must have been a special day for her, because when we went
upstairs to wake up mom, she virtually jumped out of bed and gave Chris
a huge hug. And then they went to the big huge chest in the livingroom,
on which Chris found quite a few items she calls her own now. And mom
had made what she calls a delicious cake - no piece for me, of course.
They had been to the doctor with me the previous day - the human one
this time, and both of them had got medication. But I think I will tell
you about that later.
I'm afraid I will have to go to the vet soon, because Chris discovered a
hotspot on me in the afternoon when one of the friends was there. So she
shaved off my beautiful Hapoo hair at that spot. And when the friend had
gone, mom did some finetuning, I got some cream put on, and afterwards a
syringe full of some nice medication. I don't mind the syringe stuff. In
fact, whenever I hear Chris stirring with the syringe in the eggholder
she uses for that purpose, I come running. After that treatment she took
me outside, and then the cousin came. She had more non-food things that
Chris first looked at and then put on the chest with the other things.
And after they had had the food that Chris and mom had prepared in the
morning, we all went for a really long walk. The humans say the air was
nice and mild, but I say the walk was fantastic, because I got to go on
flexible leash, supervised by the cousin.
By the way, the only person that brought food was the little Theresa
girl, she had baked waffles - non-Hapoo ones, of course.
Chris expanded her couch quite a bit, which means that the walking space
in the room is much narrower now. But she slept in the livingroom at
night, probably to keep me company. I am not feeling too well, but I am
a tough girl and will wait until Monday to go to the vet The cream, by
the way, does not taste good at all, so I will refrain from licking the
hotspot, much to Chris' delight.
Cheers and woofs, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home