Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My hot city day

Hi all woofers and human readers:
Yesterday in the morning Chris packed the small backpack, so I thought
we were leaving. However, we were not. I didn't mind, I stayed
downstairs while Chris was upstairs talking with mom. Only mom left
after a while, and Chris decided to lock herself up in the bathroom. She
loves artificial rain for a reason I fail to understand. Her rain is
hot, compared with the natural stuff, and she always comes out smelling
different - or at least trying to. I can still make out her usual smell.
Why she doesn't like that scent, I have no idea, and she has not told me
either.
When mom was back they had fish for lunch - o talking about fish, I
think I should remind Chris that we still have some Hapoo fish in the
freezer... Anyway, and after lunch Chris and I went for a short short
walk in the heat, but it was way too hot for me. So we returned and
settled down at mom's place. Chris loves to curl up at the bottom of
mom's bed. Isn't that where dogs are supposed to sleep? Well, I am
content with the space on the floor, as long as Chris is near. And then
finally the harness came out from behind the million coats of Chris',
she put on her backpack and we left. Well not quite, for then Chris did
something strange. She let me run ahead off leash and came outside with
the water can that usually stands beside the toilet. Chris poured water
all over me, and I didn't even mind. I guess water is supposed to help
you cool off in the heat - I just don't like it, okay? And by the time
we were at the train station all the water had gone and it was just hot.

Finally we arrived in the city, and the hot shopping tour began. We went
to the bank and then the human had ice-cream. Some fell on Chris' foot,
so I cleaned her there. See, one has to look after Chris <smiles> We
even went into the bookstore that Shadow usually goes with us, but we
didn't stay as long as with Shadow, and we didn't walk around that much
either, but mom bought books. Then came the big store, where Chris
bought plates and bowls for humans and some stuff to cover her bed.
That's all human stuff I have no idea about, but she must have needed or
wanted it.
Then we went back to the train station and from there we took another
direction. We ended up sitting in a nice and cool room with another dog
I was not allowed to play with, unfortunately. Soon another dog arrived,
and just as I was about to sniff him out, we left. I found out we were
at a vet's place, different from the usual one we go to. But the man vet
was nice. I didn't need to go on the high table thing. He looked at my
hotspot and told Chris that everything she had done was allright and
that the spot was healing. He shaved off some more of my hair, cleaned
the spot and that was it. He didn't even charge Chris anything. Cool
guy, eh? And then finally we went home and I had loads of water.
Chris continues sleeping here with me, and even in the middle of the
night she wakes up and tells me that I shouldn't lick myself. Can this
girl never sleep?
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home