Sunday, July 22, 2007

The roof obsession

Hi and hello and cheers and all that:
Have I told you the weirdest discovery that I have ever made? Humans are
obsessed with rooves!
About two weeks ago I discovered something I cannot recall ever having
seen with Chris, though she says I should just dig in my Hapoo brain a
little deeper - insult!
Anyway, back to important matters! When we went out for the Hapoo walk,
it was raining, and I got to wear one of those ugly stupid raincoats.
It's decided I don't like them, that's it. It was raining outside, which
usually means that Chris puts the noisy clothes over her usual ones - a
noisy jacket and even noisier trousers. They make some kind of
unidentifiable noise with every step she walks. I don't like it, it
sounds suspicious. Well, that particular time she didn't even touch the
noisy clothes, but took a kind of a stick with her instead. When we were
outside, that thing appeared to be a magic stick. A swift short hiss and
a final "floop" noise, and all of a sudden there was a roof over Chris'
head that kept her dry. I eventually found out that if she held it right
and I walked very close beside her, the rain stopped even on my head.
Funny for sure, I played with that roof thing a little and decided I
didn't want to walk anymore. When we were back, Chris was all dry, even
though she had left the noisy clothes at home. The roof was blocking the
stairway to mom's apartment for a while before it turned into a stick
and disappeared again.
Today we had the same procedure: Rain, stick, roof - but this time no
raincoat for me. I thought about the rooves I have encountered in my
long life - they are quite many.

When we take the bus there are sometimes rooves there, with benches and
a wall at the back. When we take the train, some of the platform is
covered with a really high roof. Houses are certainly always dry - even
my Hapoo house inside Chris' house. When we go to a human eating place,
we sometimes escape the sun by sitting under a roof. And once we sat
outside in the rain, under a roof again, and nobody got wet. When they
sell fruits outside, or ice-cream, they have a roof over their heads -
Chris sometimes has to bend down not to hit it. The rooves usually mean
that humans sit or stand somewhere for a little while. But I, what about
me? Well I just go along. And when there is no roof, I can still get one
over my head when Chris slides me under a bench or chair. When she did
that on a train once, somebody called me collapsible dog. Excuse me, I
am just flexible, more so than you bulky humans! The nephew is exempt
from that statement, for he is taller than Chris and make himself so
small that he fits into my Hapoo house. He even eats my Hapoo food. I
never knew humans eat that, too!
Talking about food: Have I told you that pig tails are delicious? Cheers
and keep a roof with you at all times, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home