Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The church adventure

Hi each and all:
Chris has discovered something new to keep herself entertained. Every
night she takes the big key and we take the Hapoo walk towards the
church. We climb up the stairs and go to the church. She only used to
step into the church, say hello, wait for the echo to leave and then
leave herself. These past two nights she did something different. Just
as we were about to leave two nights ago, I decided to show her the
stairs that we sometimes climb. She followed my suggestion, and we
walked up, around the organ, which usually makes music when we go in
here with other humans, and up to the barrier. She helt on to it with
one hand, and I knew I had time to settle. I lay down, and Chris started
to sing all on her own.
She sings all the time, mind you, but this time she sang her favourite
song by the Music Man, in which she tells him to carry her like he would
carry a fire in his heart. I wonder, is anybody tall enough to carry
Chris in their beating heart? Maybe the Music Man is... Well, she sang a
bit and then stopped to listen. It's funny, that church, it gives back
her words and the sounds she makes.
After that heavy weight was done, she still stayed where she was and
sang a song about a boy called Danny. She wanted him to come back, and
she sang that she loved him so. I thought she loved Shadow, or me, or
the Music Man? Maybe her own heart is huge enough to carry herself? No,
sorry, impossible, even I know that! Allright, she loves Danny, but she
says Mr Music Man had sung that one before I was wth her once or more
times. She says it went down very well in the church. Of course it went
down, because we were standing upstairs, right?

Then last night we went to lock the church again, but this time I
suggested to walk straight ahead between the benches. Chris followed
again, until I showed her the steps. She didn't want to climb those -
she rarely does. But she turned as if she wanted to go outside right
away. My prediction was wrong, because she stayed where she was and
started to sing again. This time she sang the song about the sun that
she shares with somebody, and the moon. She says that is the song after
which the Music Man got the flowers from her. O Mr Music Man, I believe
Chris has something on her mind she is not telling me about. She listens
to your voice and smiles, and the world seems to be in a slightly better
mood than before. You still have not met us here to have tea or coffee
with us, and still she likes you? Or loves you? Or what? Well, she
shares a sun and a moon with you and wants you to carry her! I think
only puppies and babies are carried, but not tall Chris, but maybe you
have that strength to pick her up... I thought that was more the tennis
man's task, but she knows better, I'm sure.

Chris says that notes she sings can paint a picture, and especially in
the church when you listen to the ones you get back from the building,
it is fascinating to the sounds all blending and melting in together. I
don't know much about that, I just know that I was happy when we left
and she locked the door goodnight.
This morning we just unlocked it good morning and walked a long round in
the finally appearing sun. Has any of you experienced something like
that?
Then in the afternoon the sister arrived with the tiny dog, the little
girl and a boy I remember having seen briefly - Chris says it's another
nephew. We sat for a while and talked, and then Chris and I went our own
way, meaning into our apartment after a Hapoo walk with the new boy. At
night we took him and the girl to lock the church goodnight. They all
climbed the steps and Chris again sang the song about her boy called
Danny for them, and then she told them a sad story of hungry people in
the Danny's land a few many years ago. The kids looked through the
church, and then the boy had great fun locking the massive wooden door
goodnight.
Cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home