Thursday, August 09, 2007

Strange things happen 'round here

Hi all:
I really think my Chris is not in the best mood these days. She started
thinking recently, whether I would still manage with the stress of
constant guiding after such a long time of relative leisure and quiet
life. She is even starting to contact other Hapoo schools. Do you think
that is fair?

And then yesterday she got a call from Shadow, after which she lay down
on the couch and cried - not long but much anyway. I thought she only
cries when she has to leave him or he has to leave her. Well this time
that was not the case, because he had not been with us and we had not
travelled. So I am struck clueless for once - even my Hapoo nose could
not sniff out anything. Just as Chris decided tat lying down was not the
solution, the sister came and wanted her to open a can.
She discovered that Chris was crying and hugged her like Chris sometimes
hugs the little niece. Has Chris turned into a little child now?
They talked a little - but what I don't understand is that Shadow was
the subject of their talk. Why for heaven's sake would Shadow even think
of being the cause of Chris crying without leaving being the reason? I
think I am really wrong here, or at least I am quite confused.

Chris was responsible for making yesterday's lunch, and I took the
chance to put my teeth into the tiny dog's food. But of course, Chris
called me off that pretty soon - too bad.
At night she fed me, and the sister sat on the couch and the two talked
and talked, but this time nobody cried.

This morning, however, I thought it would be nice to tell Chris to give
me more than the usual quick pet, and she really did. I am not the
hugest cuddler, but I do come for pets for sure. Pets are my favourites
- give your kisses to somebody else, as long as you pet and scratch me!
I wonder whether Chris likes pets or kisses more, or how humans show
they like each other. They do give paws a lot, but apart from that...
Allright, and we have gotten rid of the chuch locking duty - so no more
singing for Chris, and no more wandering through the quiet church for
me.
Cheers, I just have to lie down in this heat, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home