Thursday, April 23, 2009

delicious treat

Hi everybody:
 
I really have to tell you this, it's been great fun!
Today while Chris was in the bathroom, mom arrived at work. Allright, I understand that I cannot sing like mad when I am at work, so I just performed very, very quietly. I was happy nevertheless, mom was there and she's wonderful. After we all had moved to the couch where Chris sits and works when the PCs are occupied, the colleague who is also very nice, Diana, arrived and picked us up. We then took the company car to go to a place I vaguely recall having been to quite some time ago.
Chris says it is the project they had supported a year ago. That is where they give shelter to children, who have to be taken out of their families immediately for reasons I fail to understand. Maybe the parent gets really sick, or maybe they are too chaotic. There were a few there, but they were all kind. We were greeted by a man and he showed us the little children's playing corner that our colleagues had set up last year. It still looks really well in shape.
 
Then we saw a room where there was not much inside, just a TV and some paintings on the wall and a huge couch. Then we went outside, and the humans looked around and talked a little, before they and I were called over for coffee. It was really nice of the humans to bring me some water. I just took notice of it but didn't have any. While the humans were talking, the man all of a sudden handed me a biscuit. Chris let me have it, but told him no more for the rest of my life. She insisted that I would start begging really fast. Well, I am ashamed to admit that after the man had left to help the girl find new friends, I looked at him thinking he might give me another biscuit. And just before we left that heavenly place, I did have a bit of Hapoo water. I think the humans from work want to help the humans who help the kids - really really nice of them.
Of course, back at work everything was as normal, ut the wheels man and the kitchen expert called me, and Chris held the leash tight. Oh, I wasn#t supposed to let me be tempted by their coaxing. She really got me, and I could not even greet the wheels man on my way past him. Today it was cousin Anne's birthday, and yesterday it was the friend's one. Chris reminded her of her birthday by always sending her "happy birthday" greetings.
So much to do today, so I'd better go sleep, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home