Thursday, April 30, 2009

the sunny office day

Hi all:
 
We had a great day two days ago. We went to work, but we did not stop at the desk for too long, but we walked into the kitchen. There the big boss greeted us, and you know that I really love him. He helped Chris find a place and made sure she got some coffee. The kitchen was unusually busy and buzzing with people. I wanted to tell Chris how excited and nervous I was, and so I spilled her coffee on her trousers. She was not too mad, she knew I was nervous. Soon Daniel, the wheels man arrived, and then finally one man stepped up and made everyone else go quiet. He spoke a while, others did, too, and that whole thing continued for quite some time, until everybody finally buzzed out of the kitchen. As Chris and I were close to the door, and I know how to guide her out of crowds quickly, we were among the first to leave the place, followed by Stefan, Chris' very much appreciated friend who only shows up once a year or so. He very quickly told Chris something, and then she and I left to go outside. It was good to go for a Hapoo walk and breethe some fresh air. After we were back at the desk, Stefan showed up, played on Chris' computer, and then the three of us went back into the kitchen, which was deserted by now.
 
Chris calls Stefan very naturally considderate. He brought the coffee, and then we all settled on the couch with the fluffy white carpet. At first Daniel was there on the other couch, but he had to go to work very soon. Chris and Stefan talked a lot, only briefly interrupted by the meeting's main talker called Patrick. She says she likes him, but he still has to learn a bit.
 
After a long while of human nonsense we walked into the kitchen again, where after another little while we were joined by the team leaders and another lady I had never seen before. She sat down by Chris' side and introduced herself. It is remarkable that she did not even pet me or mention me with a word. But Chris told her that it is quite possible I might run over and greet her when she has settled in. Chris says she'll be sitting at Ilka's place - no way! I want Ilka to sit there, and run over and sing for her and be given nice cuddles!
 
Oh well Chris says that won't happen and I'd better accept the new lady there. But if she ignores me, what fun is it? O I am a poor dog sometimes!
The humans had fun, and soon Stefan had to leave and gave Chris a warm hug. Chris herself was pressed to go to her computer, because friend Silke had sent her an email. We did go to the computer, but Chris didn't spend much time on the phone at all.
 
When we moved to the couch, there were people who wanted to pet me, and I made friends with another lady I hadn't known before. I like it when new people arrive, sometimes Chris allows extra pets. I am a lucky dog sometimes
 
And the following day we spent most of our time in one of the training rooms listening to a man talking. Chris says it was a lot of information but very well presented.
Today we didn't go to work, and I think tomorrow is some kind of day where work is celebrated, but Chris doesn't have to go to work - strange thing such a labour day.
Cheers for the moment, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home