Wednesday, May 13, 2009

a day full of work and stress and play

Hi everybody:
Yesterday we were out most of the time. We started off early in the morning. when Chris took me for the morning walk, I was too tired to really be interested. Soon the doorbell rang, and a man greeted us at the door. We took his car, a taxi, to the place where Chris' eyes are checked. The nurses there like me a lot, and I like them. and while Chris was examined, I walked up to her to see if she wanted to pet me, but she very strictly sent me back to where I had lain before.
When we came out of that room, mom was there, and she took us home with her. We walked the usual Hapoo route, all the three of us, it was wonderful.
Then back into the car, into another doctor's office, and under the chair. This time it was the place where mom takes care of me while Chris gets her teeth worked on.
After that we went home, and mom spent most of her time on the balcony. The palm-tree has a huge pot now, much soil was moved out of some balcony pots and into them again. Mom likes doing such work, and Chris was tired. But then we took the car agai and I found myself at the new vet's place.
Soon a really young puppy girl came walking in. We wanted to play with each other, but our owner ladies insisted that we keep fairly quiet.
Chris was surprised that she could relax me by pointing on the ground with her finger which is used for me to touch usually. I lay down and stayed there as long as she played with my paws or petted me, until the vet called us in.
It was wonderful there, I got a lot of food to eat, while the humans did the boring talking.
Afterwards we took the streetcar and ended up in the restaurant Chris loves to have human food in. As soon as the humans had found their place, the lovely waitress came with water. Before she hat put it down, I started drinking, so she held it until I had fiinished all the water and then lay down.
Of course, Chris says the human food was delicious, she had pasta and pancakes. There was football on TV, and our team played a draw, after having lead by three goals to one - not that I understand, but Chris says it was important.
Finally we left, and on the waqy to the car mom discovered a nice patch of grass, on which we played, all the three of us. O well, I was so excited that I grabbed Chris' jeans and mom's shirt, but they weren't angry at me.
But when we were home, it wasn't home yet, but the grocery store nearby, where shopping was relaxing. because the aisles were empty.
But then, o yes then we were home, and it was soooo good to be back, plop down on my livingroom bed and sleep until Chris called me over to the bedroom. And trust me, she herself then slept like there was no tomorrow! Of course, she woke up and took me for the morning walk today, and I think we are going to work soon. Have a wonderfull, not so stressful day, Yours, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home