Monday, May 04, 2009

fun with mom

Hi everybody:
 
This past weekend was wonderful and packed with joy. One day, which was this lazy day of labour, mom arrived. She was brought by one of the sisters that don't come very often. When the sister was gone, mom first thought of staying at home, but Chris suggested we go to the city. We did so, and I performed so magnificently well. I even jumped up on the traffic light Chris wanted me to show. You know, I am  show off dog, I know when it's good to display my excellence.
We took the streetcar to the city, and then walked across the main shopping street, which was pretty deserted. Then the humans sat down and had ice-cream, and then we strolled along a little more, before we ended up at the train station. I love that train station, we bought fresh bread and a few books for mom and flowers for the table.
Then we went back with the city train, which stopped for a long time in the middle of nowhere, because another train before us had broken down. We finally arrived, and I showed Chris that I knew the way to the streetcar from there. Allright, with one exception, I missed the staircase at first, but then I found it.
At hhome I was pretty exhausted.
 
The next day Chris and I went to work after a cozy human breakfast with mom. At work we had to move to the back office, because Chris has a special job aain with a program that only works at her desk over there. It's cooler there, I don't mind it, but my royal bed stayed in the front office. When we finally arrived at home, mom said that she hadn't gone shopping yet, so Chris put my leash back on and we went shopping all the three of us. It was so great to find mom at home, and I tried really hard not to sing from the top of my lungs.
While mom prepared food, Chris cleaned the apartment, and then they sat down in front of the TV. In the middle we all went for a nice evening walk, and then the humans sat down to watch TV again before it was bed time.
 
Yesterday I was tired, but the humans took me out again. We took the streetcar to the city and went to the place where they have human food all the time. They call it brunch. Chris had forgotten that it was mother's day ( it is only fair that mom has another day to celebrate), but Chris says she likes mom anyway, be it her day or not, and she would've treated her for brunch anyway.
 
O I need to mention this: In the morning it is a tradition that I wake up mom. However, mom slept by the wall, so I couldn't reach her unless she got up. So what Chris did was fantastic. She called me up on the bed, and I lay down between them. Yippee, what fun! Mom gave me scratches, and I rested my head on her arm and really loved this surprise. But I went down when mom told me.
Allright, finally we went back home, I ran on my Hapoo bed in the livingroom, and mom left us. I was too tired to say goodbye to her. Even Chris took a nap in the afternoon, and then we were back to our normal routine. Today we are back in the swing of things, as we are going back to work.
Cheers and good week, Hapoo.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home