Friday, June 05, 2009

change of sofas

Hi all:
Well I have told you, something strange has been going on here. It started with Chris removing everything from the shelf and the little cabinet in the corridor. She piled most of it up on the other half of the big bed, which I still think should be given to me, though my Hapoo beds aren't bad either.
Anyhow, then she also took down the clothes rags and the mirror and the noteboard, so the entire wall was bare naked so to say. She even put all the shoes into the bedroom. Then she lifted the picture from behind the sofa and gave it a new hiding place behind the door of the study storage piano room.
 
The next day Chris even removed the chair from behind the livingroom door, so it could fully open. Then she pushed the table towards the balcony door and started cleaning. She took the chance and hammered nails into the back of the shelf in the corridor. And once she had pushed that from the wall, she cleaned behind it. Then finally she brought a screw driver anddisassembled the sofa bed. First she sent me to the office room, where I lay down on my carpet and was told to stay. I really did, because Chris took the seat and placed it in the corridor right in front of the bedroom. Then she took out the screws and the backrest fell on the floor. She picked it up and placed it beside the seat. Then she put all the cushions and the cover inside the base box and waited.
 
When the doorbell rang, I ran and barked, and soon I spotted two men. They didn't do much, they just immediately picked up one part after the other, until finally they took the base box, the storage box that used to be under the bed, and the screws, said goodbye and left. The two following days Chris was without a sofa and spent most of her time in the armchair, because outside it was too cold to fry herself in the sun.
 
The next day something wonderful happened. Theresa, the formerly little neighbours' girl, came to visit. Of course I recognized ,er and gave her a little song to hear. She sat on one of the kitchen chairs - even the flowers beside my bed had been moved to the kitchen. Theresa had brought cake, and they talked while Chris was watching tennis. And Theresa was also allowed to give me treats - really wonderful. Both Chris and I liked her surprise visit.
 
Yesterday the doorbel rang again in the afternoon, and Chris let a man in. I wasn't fond of him, but Chris told me to stop barking. Later another one followed. They cqarried parts and pieces and also had screws in their hands. I was put in a corner, and after a few more growls decided that watching was a good thing as well.
 
Chris says that they were very quiet and considderate, so she could watch tennis. I think they were, like everyone, impressed that she was watching tennis and writing the stores. And then there was the cmputer voice over the stereo system. I was more amazed to see that a new sofa was finally put at the place of the old one. They showed her how to unfold it, and then they showed her that one of the armrests could be put down to either be a head support or a leg extention. Chris payed with the plastic card that seems to have unlimited cash flowing from it, and then the men quietly left.
 
It is interesting to see how she decides that one thing should leave and the other should move in. I think she is not missing the old one. She said it has travelled to the children's shelter that we went to visit a while ago, and that it's found a good final place to serve there.
So byebye for the moment, cheers, Hapoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home