Monday, February 14, 2011

busy week

Hi everybody:

I really need to update you on what has been happening around here lately, s
the last week was a great one again.

First we started out normal, but in the afternoon after work Chris harnessed
me up and we met Mr Daniel on wheels in the street. We walked into a place
where it smelled of great food. Chris and Daniel bought something for
themselves, and then we left to go to Daniel's place. There I received m dog
food, the humans settled to eat their food, and I got to pick up something
Daniel had dropped. Afterwards, however, Chris told me to lie down and not
dare look at the table and the food.
Thess what - I knew to be good, had enough food in my tummy by now and just
wanted to rest anyway, so she had no reason to be mad.

The humans watched TV, talked and watched some more. Chris got quieter and
quieter, until Daniel brought her a cup of coffee.

When we left to go home, it was soooo windy, it really was hard to walk. The
next day was a quiet one. Chris and I only rested, so we could start again
the day that followed. After work the big boss took us to his car, I jumped
in and Chris got in at the front. When we got off we were at a quiet street,
and eventually we made it to the beach, where Chris let me run free. There
was water, so I thought I'd take a drink - well it really tastes different
from the water I know - not good at all. Aditionally, the water seems to be
wanting to play with me. It keeps moving back and forth, splashing my feet
and going back again. I tried to play, but the water had its own mind. So I
decided to explore the beach and go sniffing. I even met a small dog, but he
didn't want to play much. Finall the humans sat down at the side of the
beach, had wine and talked, while I had to wait, on leash again, so I
wouldn't go too far away.

We got into the car, and the humans left me there, they just went shopping
very briefly, and I surely didn't mind staying in the car. We ended up at
the bisses house, where first thing I received food from him. Cool stuff, I
think this is the first time somebody else than Chris fed me, and she didn't
mind. In the meantime she helped prepare the human dinner, and then the
evening turned into a quiet one, with talking and having dinner.

I got to explore the little garden, and I discovered that on the other side
of the hedge there was an animal. I wanted to go and see it, so I decided to
squeeze through the bushes. Too bad, Chris discovered my plan with the help
of the boss, and called me back and made sure I didn't attempt any more.
Chris calls that animal a Guinea pig, whatever that is - we have none of
them at home. Then the boss took us home, and Chris went to sleep after
having checked her emails. I really enjoyed that day.

The next day everything was normal again, but in the afternoon, as we were
on the dog walk in the parking lot, a car stopped, and I saw two ladies.
They were friendly, and I think I have met them before, so I ran and played
with them. One in particular, she liked playing with me. Her car was a
little tougher to get into, as it requires a highter than usual jump to get
into the back. We ended up at the furniture store, where the humans had food
and talked, before we strolled through the store again. Chris looked for
somebody called Dave, or at least I thought it was a human, until I found
out that she referred to a tiny table on one leg that she wants to use for
her notebook computer. Now why she calls that object Dave escapes me. She
also finally bought a pillow for herself, which she says she'd been looking
at for a while now.

After paying, we went to a place where I spotted a favourite colleague, whom
I haven't seen for a long while. She also has a dog, and I really like her,
so I ran, jumped up on her and showed her that I was really happy to see
her.

When Chris and I returned home, the first thing she did was unpack a box she
had brought. She says this was Dave, but i didn't recognize him. There were
bits and pieces scattered on the floor. Chris looked at the puzzle, played
and played around with it, until it really turned into a Dave - amazing how
she did it. She only called the friend that had accompanied us once because
she had two screws left, but they both found out where to put them, and so
there Dave was.

For some reason, however, Dave's already gone, or rather he has turned into
puzzle pieces again, because one thing had broken, and she wants to exchange
him for a new and good Dave. Why can Daves be exchanged? I am honestly happy
I cannot be exchanged with a copy Quito, I would hate it.

The weekend was lazy, because Chris wasn't feeling too good yesterday, but
she at least cleaned the apartment. This morning she took apart all my dog
eds and had the monster laundry machine trap them in its cage. She claims
the bed covers will be returned clean, like her clothes do, and that her
laundry machine is not a socks eater or so, it is a good laundry machine.

Allright, I trust her, of course, and wait till my beds are back in shape as
new.
Cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home