Monday, March 14, 2011

I am three years old now!

Hi there, woofs and words, and Voice!

I am three years old now, Chris tells me, but I don't see a difference.
However, this morning I was a little startled - it was raining. Can't
remember when it has last rained here. I remember snow, but rain? Chris
gave me time to sniff out the ground - smells really interesting after
rain, that's for sure.

She says on human birthdays humans get presents and telephone calls, but
I get birthday greetings and an extra pad on the head - fine wiith me -
I don't see the difference.

I do, however, remember Chris' birthday. She did not get many presents,
but I remember she and Micki and the sister and the niece and I went out
to a near restaurant.

It is also about the time when I met Chris first, so she says it is time
to look back. Let's see!

I remember when Chris was put in charge of me, I wasn't exactly happy.
She had a different way of communication than my coach, but it looked
like I was meant to stay with Chris. She fed me, played with me, and
also gave me work to do. We went on long train rides and I met
interesting people. She watched the flying balls on TV, and I was
allright just relaxing in summer. Then we took a plane to another city,
and that, too, was wonderful. We went to another furniture that looked
just about like ours.

Then we travelled to see the balls flying right in front of our eyes and
noses, but I couldn't catch them. The sport was for the humans to catch,
not for me, unfortunately.

One night I stayed with Daniel, becauuse Chris and another friend went
to hear noisy music. In autumn we took another plane to a place called
Oviedo Spain, where Micki and Chris and I stayed with a cool lady called
Ilka and her son. That was a fun journey, indeed.

In winter we had the massive snow-falls, and Chris was really proud of
me. I noticed that she really had to rely on me in the blizzards, and so
I did live up to the challenge and guided her safely - just why did they
put a pile of snow around the traffic light poles?

Finally the friend Silke moved in and out - I like her loads - and the
marathon talks with Mr Voice started.

I met very wonderful people, too. Micki and the sister are great. The
sister plays wonderfully, I love it! And Micki lets me jump up on her
and is always happy to see me. Then there is the big boss who always
sneaks me a treat or two, and laughs at me when I bounce and Chhris is
reall firm with me.

Of course, there's the cool Daniel on wheels. It is my duty to clean his
eyeglasses, and when I lay down I make sure to block his wheel so he
cannot move away. He also has a cool dog with him sometimes, and I find
his house all by myself. Petra is at work, and Angelique, who always
comes to pet me. Occasionally we meet other people that we go out with.
I have learnt not to growl at strangers, because I have accepted that
Chris is in charge of them and I am to keep my nose out of her business,
unless I am called.

I have learnt a few other skills, too. I have a food machine that
release small portions of kibble when I press down a handle, and a food
cube that pours kibble when I toss it all across the livingroom. I can
retrieve my signal jacket and collar and take them to Chris,bark on
command and even ride escalators - if I absolutely have to, that is.

That is my year with Chris, and spring is here and I love it! For the
next year, I want to go to the beach with the big boss, play climb on
shoulders with Daniel, play runrun with the sister, jump with Micki,
meet the Voice and, most of all, stay with Chris, because I am destined
to stay with her and help her and have her help me, too. She's cool,
that is for sure.

And I hope, if lady Hapoo looks down on me, she is not too angry that it
is me now who is helping Chris - better me than no one, right, Hapoo?

Cheers, enjoy the spring and be happy, Yours, bouncing, Quito the
Capital dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home