Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I love playing!

Oh my goodness,

Chris is in the mood of educating me again. Sometimes it is fun, because
it involves play. Sometimes, however, it is really frustrating.

Two nights, just imagine, we went downstairs for the evening walk. The
strange thing was that the doorbell rang, and instead of just picking up
the phone by the door, talking and opening the door, she put me on the
flexible leash and I raced her downstairs.

The consequence was that I had to return a few steps, stand still and
then pretend to be a civilized dog with manners. I pretended until Chris
opened the door and I saw the friend of hers. I was going to greet her
first, but Chris sat me down. The friiend aproached us, so I jumped up
again.

Chris didn't have any of that this time. The friend stepped back, I had
to siit down, and Chris made sure I remained that way until the ladies
had said their hellos. I mean, hello, I am the bestest helllo kisser and
jumper ever on the planet! Boy o boy, it is tough to pretend to be a
well-mannered Quito sometimes.

Then we went for the walk, and there was this little puppy running all
aroound. The little bug dried to snap at me, but I just turned my head,
and Chris told me to sit, until her humans had made her chase a ball
again. Along the route I tried to play and jump on the friend, but Chris
kept me away from jumping, what a shame! So I jumped on Chris and played
tug with her and my leash. That, I tell you, is a fun game.

On the way back we stopped at the friend's car, and I thought I could
jump and dive in so we'd go somewhere interesting. Not this time either,
but instead the friend retrieved a bowl with sweet smelling stuff in it,
of which I wasn't going to have any, but they say it was delicious.

Back upstairs and home, the friend gave me a great snuggling session,
which I really enjoyed, and then the two hid in the kitchen, which is a
no Quito zone. I know from earlier experience that whenever I step
inside a thunder slams Chris' foot down on the floor with a huge bang,
and I am flying out of the room and right onto my mat. I don't know why
her foot makes such horrible noises, but I think iit is better to keep
out of the kitchen.

They had great smelling food, talked and laughed a lot and talked some
more, and the sweet smelling stuff was so yummy that they couldn't stop
eating. At one point I saw Chris retrieve a bottle from somewhere, it
smells of nothing, but she claims it is wine, and it is delicious. I
know what's inside when she pours it into a glass, but I am sure it
tastes no good, jjust like her favourite coffee <brrrrr>

Do I need to mention that Mr Voice was on her phone after the friend had
given me a final huge cuddle and left? This time, however, the Mr
Voice's voice came out of the phone with a loud and clear voice, and I
could position him beside her head, as she lay in bed. How does she do
this? How can she change Mr Voice's appearance? I meann I know how she
carries her telephone, but why can I sometimes hardly hear him, and then
again very clear? Telephones and Mr Voice are a huge mystery!

Yesterday at work I saw Daniel the wonderful. I was going to attack and
drown him in my joy and involve him in play, but Chris - as you guessed
it - wasn't fond of it. She made me pretend again. Sit down, keep
sitting and behave! Behave - Chris you don't know what you are asking of
me, really! I did kiss Daniel, and my tail was going wild, but I had to
sit and not jump. And when we saw him again in the cafeteria, I was
allowed to do anything, as long as I remained calm and kept on track
while walking.

Today, however, Chris brought out the tennis ball, let it bounce around
the corridor and let me chase it. I brought it back to her, sat down and
gave it back in exchange for a click and a treat. Sometimes the treat
was not handed to me, but the ball kept flying. And then, would you
believe it?, she found the rope. I was going to play hard tug, but Chris
threw it away for me to retrieve and hand back. Then she made me sit,
threw the rope and only then gave me the go to retrieve it. Only at the
end of the session did we play tug, I love it, and then again I was
asked to release the rope when she told me, rewarded with a treat. Then
I was sent to my place, and the rope disappeared.

I hope Chris will remember the rope more often now, it is great fun!

Keep playing, enjoy the spring and don't forget about me, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home