Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quick update

Here is a short update from Chris and myself, because I am so proud of
myself!

Two days ago we had quite a stormroaring outside, even though the sun
was shining. Chris says she was happy she did not have to walk to work
with me, because she would not have heard the streetcar approach. As we
went for our evening walk, we really had to face some strong wind.
Suddenly, as we were aproaching the staircase that leads upstairs, we
were hit by the wind coming from the side. Chris had trouble standing
and keeping her direction, so I heoped out. I leaned into my collar and
kept tension on the flexible leash, so Chris could follow me and feel
when I was going up the steps. And once we were upstairs, she gave me a
major hug.

I may act like a silly puppy more often than once, but in the end, when
it is important, I am on high alert. Chris has come to realize that, for
I have saved her from getting lost in the storm, and I keep saving her
from getting lost generally, be it snow, rain or storm.

This morning I have displayed another ability. Chris took my signal
jacket and collar, threw both at different locations and pointed for me
to catch them one after the other. I retrieved them, and it was truely a
lot of fun! I hope we will be playing that game more often now.

She also says that it won't be long now until we travel to see The
Voice, who, if I believe Chris, was as proud of me about the storm
rescue as I was and as Chris was.

Cheers and happy Sunday, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home