Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Strange times and statistics

Hey, did you know that Chris loves numbers and figures?

She can see how many people are visiting my website, and where they are
from. She is telling me that Mr Voice seems to be logging on regularly,
and also somebody from not too far away from where we live. But because
no names are displayed, she doesn't know who it is. You should leave a
comment on this entry, so I know who you are, because having readers is
so so cool! Over the years both Hapoo and I have had over 7,500 hits!

Allright, that was that, and I really love all readers - but now let me
tell you about how strange Chris is acting sometimes. Last week we were
at the beach with the big boss. At first I was bored, because Chris
wouldn't let me run free and play. But then, as we were leaving the
beach, she let me play fetch with the big boss, and she says I did
really well. Then we went to his house, the humans had food, and then
they went outside for him to smoke a cigarette. I was not allowed to goo
outside, because in the neighbour's garden there is a tiny animal they
call Guinea pig. I want to visit it, but Chris says that is not a good
idea. The other neighbour has a huge dog, but I was not allowed to visit
him, either. Chris says I was really good staying inside watching them.

The next weekend saw Chris in varying moods. She did not talk to Mr
Voice and only went to sleep after he had sent her a text message or
two. The next day we went to work, and it was a really sunny day. Chris
felt allright, played with me and had a fairly good time. The third day
she was feeling uneasy. She kept herself busy doing things, but she also
spent some time sitting and thinking, until she called her friend in
Spain and they talked a lot. Then she took my leash, and we went outside.

There we paced back and forth a little, until Daniel came and I jumped
into his car and gave him a quick kiss. We got out of the car at a
sports ground, where they say they played baseball. O saw the balls
flying behind a fence and did not receive any to play with - what a
shame! Chris enjoyed herself, but I got bored after a while. It rained
twice, and so she put a strange jacket on me, which she calls a
raincoat. I don't mind, it keeps me dry. Chris says Hapoo didn't like
raincoats at all, and she was surprised I was so calm about it. Chris
says it is one of Hapoo's raincoats, and it doesn't matter if it is a
bright yellow one, as long as it keeps most of me dry. I also got a
little cold lying on the groound, and surely bored. When we left I
wanted to playplayplay, but Chris and Daniel walked to the car with me
and we went home.

I thiink she loved being outside, so she didn't have to think much. At
home she talked with the friend again, until Mr Voice called her and she
was really relieved. I don't know what she wants and why she was so
uneasy - I didn't quite understand the situation. But when he called,
she sat back, smiled and immediately snapped into talking with Mr Voice
mode.

The two following days we were at work, and Chris let me play tug with
the leash and allowed me to greet a few other people as long as I
behaved. And yesterday when we had returned from work, Micki arrived.
Chris had a strict "Quito stay on your bed" policy, so I let out a few
tiny cries, which only made her re-enforce the command - tough tough
tough! And when Micki was finally allowed to greet me, I had to stay on
my bed and not get too excited.

We finally went out to the furniture store, where I displayed my skills.
I love to speed along the wide central aisles start to end without
stopping. Hey, this store is an obstacle course, not a stop to shop store!

Chris and Micki slowed me down, of course, and Chris kept referring to
Mr Voice. She bought something funny, which she already has at home. It
is like a foot with many arms where candles can be put inside. She loves
it, annd she says Mr Voice might love it, too. We'll see when we finally
meet him.

She has finally bought the train tickets to see Mr Voice, and shhe is so
so thrilled to see him! And of course, the two of them are talking
again, as if they have a contract to break the monthly telephone
marathon record.

Enjoy the spring everybody, cheers, Quito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home